Favorite dish since childhood?

Reaction score
I was curious to know if any of you have a favorite food/dish that you still eat now, that you first began to love in childhood? Like you loved eggs as a child and now you find yourself frequently eating eggs now? Or you got hooked on tuna casserole as a kid and now you love cooking it as an adult?

Reaction score
I had an extremely messed up childhood and my mother didn't really cook, but I do remember that I started liking the Burger King chicken sandwiches in the 1980's when I was a kid and I still like them now, even though they got lazy and stopped cutting them in half. They also seem smaller now.

Reaction score
I think most things I consider comfort food these days are favorites from my childhood. Meatloaf! That is definitely one of my favorites. My mother used to make the best. It's a shame no one ever snagged her recipe before she passed. I've yet to successfully reproduce it to make it taste as good as hers.

Reaction score
My favorite food that my mom made was potato salad. She used to fry a chicken, and make potato salad and then we would all drive out to a lake way out in the sticks, and camp for the weekend, and go fishing.
When we caught fish, mom would cook them over the campfire, along with hot cakes and eggs, for our breakfast. It was wonderful !
She taught me how to make her potato salad, so now, I am the mom who makes the potato said that all the family wants to eat....

Reaction score
My favorite food that my mom made was potato salad. She used to fry a chicken, and make potato salad and then we would all drive out to a lake way out in the sticks, and camp for the weekend, and go fishing.
When we caught fish, mom would cook them over the campfire, along with hot cakes and eggs, for our breakfast. It was wonderful !
She taught me how to make her potato salad, so now, I am the mom who makes the potato said that all the family wants to eat....

That sounds really sweet. I didn't have that kind of childhood, but I'm trying to create that kind of childhood for my daughter and I do take her on picnics.
Your mom sounds awesome.

Reaction score
Roast beef with some baked potatoes and veggies!! My mom used to cook big on sundays and now i'm also cooking big on sundays!! Its either roast beef or chicken with potatoes and veggies and af course pudding:)

Ask a Question