Favorite frosting?

Reaction score
What are your favorite types of frosting, as well as you favorite recipes for them?

I'll start. I love coconut-pecan frosting, chocolate frosting, and an especially adaptable whipped cream frosting. I need some more chocolate frosting recipes though, the one that I have isn't quite what I want.

Reaction score
My favorite is chocolate butter cream, my chocolate butter cream. I would love to post the recipe but it is pretty much made to taste. Butter, confectioners sugar , milk or cream, good quality cocoa and vanilla.

Reaction score
My favorite frosting is cream cheese icing. This delicious icing goes great on Pumpkin Cake, Chocolate Cake, Carrot Cake, Red Velvet Cake, Brownies, and Cookies. For my recipe, I only used 2 (8 ounce) packages of cream cheese, 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, 2 cups sifted confectioners sugar, and 1tsp vanilla extract. I mixed all the ingredients gradually in a bowl. Yummy! ;)

Reaction score
I love butter cream and cream cheese frosting. They're both so nice and light. They are my two favorite.

Reaction score
I absolutely love Betty Crocker Rich and Creamy Cream Cheese icing. Carrot Cake is my favorite dessert, so whenever I make it, I use Betty Crocker. I also grew up with Betty Crocker. My mother and my grandmother use it.

Reaction score
I have to agree with Butter cream. It just tastes so amazing and makes almost any cake so much tastier and moreish.

Reaction score
My favorite frosting is just regular ol' vanilla frosting. It's simplicity is what draws me to it. Generally my cupcakes/cakes tend to be very sweet as it is, so vanilla frosting manages to stay delicious while not over powering the taste of my cupcakes/cake. On the other hand, my least favorite frosting is cream cheese. I think desserts are meant to be sweet, and cream cheese frosting just takes away from that.

Reaction score
Cream Cheese Icing all the way! I haven't tried very many, but cream cheese has always been my favorite.

Reaction score
I am very basic when it comes to frosting because I think the show stopper should be the actual pastry or cake. I love the typical chocolate, strawberry or vanilla frosting. Although I did once taste a pineapple frosting that I thought was absolutely delicious so i believe that is now a favorite.

Reaction score
A sweet chocolate frosting is my favourite, as long as it's not too bitter and ganache-like - I could easily eat a tub of Betty Crocker chocolate frosting. Obviously chocolate isn't appropriate for everything though, so otherwise I like plain buttercream. I like how adaptable it is simply by adding different flavourings!

Reaction score
I absolutely love butter-cream icing. I just love its creamy texture and sweet taste. I always find myself licking from the can whenever I buy it. I just love the taste. The one icing I hate would have to be whipped cream icing it's just too smooth and doesn't taste right on any cake.

Reaction score
I would have to agree with cream cheese frosting! Love how rich and creamy it tastes and how everything is better with it on!!

Reaction score
I love Betty Crockers Chocolate Fudge Frosting and Vanillia Buter cream. I do try and make my own but if i can get hold of these they are so much easier and the kids love them as well

Reaction score
I love chocolate frosting and whipped cream frosting. Those are most definitely my favorites.

Reaction score
I love fresh whipped cream frosting, though you really have to eat it all the day it is made. It is so light and fluffy and perfect with strawberry cakes.

Reaction score
Hands down, my favorite is the cool whipped frosting. It's so light and much less filling than the super sweet icings bakeries used to use.
I use just cool whip from a bowl to ice my strawberry cake, which is a 2-layer white cake with cool whip for the icing and fresh strawberries dipped in strawberry gel placed in the middle of the layers and on the top and sides for beauty. The whipped topping makes the cake so moist, I can almost taste it now. It tastes much better after it's had time to sit. Keeping it refrigerated makes it last longer.

Reaction score
I love when frosting is just right. When it is too sweet, it is not tasty, but when the consistency and taste is right in the middle, the frosting tastes great.

Reaction score
I love cream cheese frosting, it goes with everything. I also like coconut frosting that is put on german chocolate cake. I would love the recipe for cool whipped frosting, I have never tried it and I would love to. It sounds delicious.

Reaction score
My favorite frostings are butter cream and cream cheese. They are absolutely delicious!! I especially fell in love with cream cheese frosting on red velvet cakes or cupcakes. It's one of my guilty pleasures!

Reaction score
I love buttercream frosting. This is a simple buttercream frosting recipe.
3 cups of confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounce cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup, unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon salt

Ask a Question