Favorite frosting?

Reaction score
So what's everyone s favorite frosting? I am a simple girl(with some things) I love butter cream. My chocolate butter cream. I would share the recipe but it is really all to taste. The only thing that remains constant is one tsp of vanilla which is added to butter, confectioners sugar, cocoa, and milk or cream(depending on how much planning ahead went into it) I start with about a quarter stick of butter, two cups of confectioners sugar, vanilla and slowly add milk or cream to it until it is the consistency I like then I taste it and add more or less of what else I want. I keep going until it is perfect.

Oh, and I always mix by hand.

Reaction score
I love chocolate and lemon frosting the best! I really dislike the whipped frosting that's popular at stores these days. I like the sugary sweetness of real frosting. If I wanted to save calories I wouldn't be eating cake in the first place.

Reaction score
My favorite icing is 1 tub of coolwhip, 1 package of instant vanilla pudding, and 1 can of pineapple well drained. It is a cool and refreshing icing, great for summer. I eat it year around, sometimes by itself too...

So what's everyone s favorite frosting? I am a simple girl(with some things) I love butter cream. My chocolate butter cream. I would share the recipe but it is really all to taste. The only thing that remains constant is one tsp of vanilla which is added to butter, confectioners sugar, cocoa, and milk or cream(depending on how much planning ahead went into it) I start with about a quarter stick of butter, two cups of confectioners sugar, vanilla and slowly add milk or cream to it until it is the consistency I like then I taste it and add more or less of what else I want. I keep going until it is perfect.

Oh, and I always mix by hand.

Reaction score
I have always loved butterceam, but Red Velvet is making me rethink things!
They are both flavorful to me without being too overwhelming.

Maybe I'll make a mix of the two one day!

Reaction score
I love cream cheese icing, and it's really simple to make. I also love whipped icing. I buy the whipped at the store though. I'm sure everyone knows how to make cream cheese icing as it is so simple. I don't know if anyone enjoys the pumpkin roll yet, but the creme cheese filling in it is sooo tasty.

Reaction score
I don't have a specific flavor of frosting, it depends on the cake under it and my mood or taste at the moment. But, I LOVE whipped icing, like the ones at the bakery inside grocery stores. Cool Whip also came out with their version, and that's pretty good too. I'm not too much of a fan of regular frosting, it's often too thick and sweet for my taste. Whipped icing also stays soft and fluffy, even when cold. LOVE IT!!!

Reaction score
Since I love cheesecake, I am going with cream cheese icing. I have tried it with chocolate, banana, and red velvet cupcakes. Another favorite of mine is dark chocolate icing. It is perfect for chocolate and cookie dough cupcakes. There are times where I eat both icings without the cupcakes. They are that good.

Reaction score
I'm a sucker for a good chocolate ganache... the darker the chocolate, the better!

Reaction score
My favorite frosting is Cream Cheese icing because its light, creamy and delicious. When I'm making Cream Cheese frosting. I like adding chopped strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or cocoa powder. Sometimes I will drained and crush mandarin oranges, and a little touch of orange rind into my recipe.

I will always love Cream Cheese frosting because you can add anything you want into this recipe. It's good to use your imagination! ;)

Reaction score
Since I love cheesecake, I am going with cream cheese icing. I have tried it with chocolate, banana, and red velvet cupcakes. Another favorite of mine is dark chocolate icing. It is perfect for chocolate and cookie dough cupcakes. There are times where I eat both icings without the cupcakes. They are that good.
I agree with you. Cream Cheese icing is also my favorite. What I love about this icing you can use it on Spice Cakes and Carrot Cakes. It is also great on cupcakes, chocolate cakes, pumpkin bread, and cookies. Yummy! :p

Reaction score
I love coconut pecan frosting. Its an old southern favorite, and its one that I most definitely like! The absolute best is homemade, with sweetened condensed milk and eggs. Delicious!

Reaction score
I have always loved butterceam, but Red Velvet is making me rethink things!
They are both flavorful to me without being too overwhelming.

Maybe I'll make a mix of the two one day!
Few weeks ago, I made some Bailey's Buttercream icing for some brownies I made. My boyfriend commented on how delicious it was! I also made a Carrot Cake once and use the same Bailey's Buttercream icing on top. It was so delicious, and addicting that I just couldn't stop eating a slice or two. :)

Reaction score
Few weeks ago, I made some Bailey's Buttercream icing for some brownies I made. My boyfriend commented on how delicious it was! I also made a Carrot Cake once and use the same Bailey's Buttercream icing on top. It was so delicious, and addicting that I just couldn't stop eating a slice or two. :)
OOO, that sounds delicious! Bailey's Butter Cream Brownies. This is a must try!

Reaction score
I made dark chocolate cupcakes with a coffee frosting. Instead of strong brewed coffee, I purchased brewed espresso from my favorite local coffee shop, and added more than just a teaspoon (I LOVE their espresso).
The recipe only made enough to spread a thin layer on 24 cupcakes, and this frosting was so delicious that I just had to double the recipe. That, of course, gave me way too much, and I ended up with a bowl leftover. I kept it for some unknown reason until a few days later when I found myself eating frosting with a spoon. I immediately decided I hate myself, threw away the extra frosting, and went for a run. I've been scared to make it ever since.

Reaction score
My favorite frosting has to be a light buttercream frosting. I'm not a fan of extremely sugary frosting. Not sure why...

...and the Bailey's Buttercream icing just sounds amazing!

Reaction score
I love just plain old buttercream. My grandmother used to make this wonderful chocolate frosting for her cakes. No one in the family can make it the way she did. I plan on getting the recipe soon and making batches of it until I get it right!

Reaction score
I love simplicity, so my favourite icing is just the standard icing sugar mixed with water. It has such a sweet taste to it and can work well on a number of different cakes! It's a shame my whole family are like me, since I love to try different icing out, but they prefer the simple icing as well!

Ask a Question