Favorite Ice Cream Toppings?

Reaction score
What are your favorite ice cream toppings? Do you like chocolate syrup? Warm, gooey hot fudge? Sprinkles? Nuts? Cherries? Crushed cookies? Chocolate chips? Fruit? The list goes on and on....what do you like to top your ice cream with?
For me, it depends on the kind of ice cream. If I am having vanilla ice cream, I like to put hot fudge on it.
If I'm having chocolate ice cream, I like to add crushed oreos, whip cream and sprinkles. :)
What about you?

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the latest craze everywhere, but in the past few years these frozen yogurt shops have been popping up left and right. And they spare no expense when it comes to the topping bar! So I have learned many new things I love to make a killer ice-cream sundae :)
I LOVE peanut butter cups and peanut butter and chocolate. Sometimes if I'm really feeling crazy, I'll do crushed peanut butter cups AND Reeses Pieces candy PLUS peanut butter and chocolate sauce.
If I'm in the mood for something a tad healthier, I like fruit-flavored ice cream/frozen yogurt like blueberry or raspberry. Then I like to top it with real fruit and some whipped cream. I've actually topped a sundae with peaches melon before; it was naturally sweet and surprisingly delicious!

Reaction score
I'm a sugar/sweets fanatic so I want it all!!! Chocolate syrup, hot fudge, sprinkles, m&ms, cookies, nuts, etc. No fruit for me, I don't mind a cherry on top every now and then or a banana split but that's about it. I also don't like whipped cream, I loved it as a kid but just can't bring myself to stomach it as an adult.

Reaction score
I like Oreos on my ice cream. My parents would buy me an Oreo blizzard as a kid. I make my own blizzards at home. I put nuts or fudge chocolate on vanilla ice cream too.

Reaction score
I like adding a little bit of chocolate syrup and mixing it all together. Family thinks it's a bit weird - saying why don't I just get chocolate ice cream? But chocolate ice cream is too chocolate-y. I like making it to my own desire.

Reaction score
I like adding a little bit of chocolate syrup and mixing it all together. Family thinks it's a bit weird - saying why don't I just get chocolate ice cream? But chocolate ice cream is too chocolate-y. I like making it to my own desire.

I know what you mean. For some reason chocolate ice cream doesn't really taste like chocolate. If you have a chocolate bar and then you have chocolate ice cream, they don't taste the same. I agree that adding chocolate syrup to vanilla ice cream tastes more like chocolate than chocolate ice cream which has a weird almost bitter undertaste.

Reaction score
My favorite ice cream toppings are: Carmel and nuts. I'm not a sweet eater but when I do this is what I like the most.

Reaction score
Hot fudge, yum! I like chocolate syrup or fudge with strawberries and blueberries. It's such a nice combination when the sweet chocolate flavour breaks the bitterness of the fruit. I'm also a big fan of whipped cream and banana on my ice cream.

Reaction score
I'm not a big ice cream fan but if I do have it with a topping I prefer caramel. I often feel like I am the odd one out in the world not going crazy for ice cream.

Reaction score
I guess I can say I love the most Oreo cookies or Reese's cup topped over my ice cream. I like to crush all of mine up and mix it in all together like a blizzard :)

Reaction score
I absolutely love hot fudge, the hotter the better. I love when it hits the cold ice cream and it gets extra gooey. Sometimes I eat hot fudge without the ice cream! If I don't have any hot fudge around some broken up Oreo cookies will do the trick as an ice cream topping but they're not my favorite.

Reaction score
When it comes to ice cream, I cannot get enough peanut toppings and chocolate chips. I love nuts in my ice cream. I also don't mind a bit of whipped cream to top everything off, though it has to be real cream because I cannot stand the processed weird flavor of the fake.

Reaction score
Hot fudge or caramel topping!!!! Yum, yum, yum!! :)
I also love Dairy Queen, snicker blizzards. I know that isn't a topping
per se but every summer I have to have them!!! I will also have
a hot fudge sundae!!! But I guess that answers what my favorite topping is!

Reaction score
When it comes to ice cream, you can call me an ice cream addict. I am crazy over ice cream, but I am not fond of too many different toppings because that's too much sugar for me. But I will definitely go with Oreo cookies and Coffee chocolate fudge syrup anytime. :D

Reaction score
My ultimate favorite topping is caramel. My middle name should have been caramel. I also love to put M&M's candies on top or just about any ice cream. There are so many different candies, and toppings to pick from, now, which one do I choose for today?

Reaction score
This is my kind of topic because I love ice cream and can eat it for every meal. Frozen yogurt is also very tasty and I love it as well. As for topping I like lots of cherries, caramel syrup and, nuts. Those are my baseline toppings that goes great with any ice cream I choose. I also love Heath toffee, Butterfinger and, Reese cups.

Reaction score
I love that pourable marshmellow topping along side of some hot fudge. I have not try too many cany or cookie toppings on my icecream but I do like fruit.

Reaction score
I love icecream toppings. I love oreos, chocolate chip cookie dough, m&m's, sometimes I can do fudge syrup. Gummy bears are fun sometimes or just peices of chocolate candy. It makes the icecream so much better!

Reaction score
I eat an ice cream substitute. I prefer crunchy toppings like crushed cookies, granola, and nuts. I like both sweet and savory toppings.

Ask a Question