Favorite Mixing Bowls?

Reaction score
When it comes to mixing bowls, do you prefer plastic, glass, or metal? I prefer glass bowls because they do not feel as cheap as plastic. I hate using plastic unless I have to because it does not feel like real cooking or baking equipment and kind of takes me back to my college days. I also do not like metal because the sound of metal scraping irritates me a great deal.

Reaction score
Glass :) I'm not big fan of plastic containers in general, but I still own some. I just don't feel so safe using plastic in general, that's why in the future I plan to replace all my plastic containers with crystal ones. Same with bowls.

Reaction score
I used to use plastic but I got this metal mixing bowl from Ikea and it's literally been my favorite since. It's very heavy duty (but light!) so it doesn't break, and I don't have to worry about any plastic getting cooked or shredded into my food or whatever.

Reaction score
I hope you don't mix in your metal bowl with a metal spoon, the noise that those create drive me absolutely crazy. That is the only reason I do not have any metal bowls.

Reaction score
Well it's obvious I have to go shopping. I use whatever is within easy reach and it's mostly plastic, but I won't beat myself up just yet. I am new and even down the road I feel I won't be big on glass. I am not good with glass. I get a little nervous. Things have a way of breaking with me. I think it's time I take a closer look as these appliances.

Ask a Question