Favorite pie flavour?

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's favorites are...I've been in the mood to experiment and try different ones and I'd love some ideas :). I do a lot of apple, peach and triple berry, so something a little different would be a nice change.

Reaction score
My daughter and I like key lime pie and I also appreciate that it's really easy to make and hard to mess up.
I also love pecan pie, but I hate that a bag of pecans costs $11. I'm on a budget so spending $11 on just one ingredient bothers me.

Reaction score
I'm a lemon meringue pie(without the crust) kinda girl. Mom always makes it for me and I scrape it off the crust to eat. I also like strawberry pie and turtle pie.

Reaction score
I love Key Lime pie as well. But heading into fall cant go wrong with an apple pie! or Pumpkin :)

Reaction score
I second the pumpkin, lemon meringue, or turtle pies (with pecans) for something sweet.

Are you into savory pies, though? There's a recipe I can't find now but as I recall it was a chicken curry pie with carrots and peas in a phyllo crust. Mmm!

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone's favorites are...I've been in the mood to experiment and try different ones and I'd love some ideas :). I do a lot of apple, peach and triple berry, so something a little different would be a nice change.
I have a few favorites!! Shocking right. :) I love pie.... My favorites are blueberry ( with a lot of whipped cream!), lemon meringue and coconut!!! I don't make pies myself... not sure why, but just have never tried it. My mom is the pie maker in our family, so I rely on her to make yummy pies. She's an amazing baker so we are blessed!!

Danyel :)

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies everyone, I had no doubt you guys would have plenty of awesome suggestions ;).

I've never made key lime pie but I do love it...I didn't realize it was hard to mess up, though, what a nice bonus :). I'm not one to spend a lot on any one ingredient these days, either. It can be crazy what nuts and spices cost.

Ellyn, I love savory pies! Especially this time of year, what a great comfort food. I'll have to hunt around and see if I can mix a few recipes together for it, that sounds amazing :).

Reaction score
I love pies!!! I used to bake them often, but not anymore because I'm trying to watch what I eat. My favs are: pecan, cheese, lemon, banana pudding, apple-pecan, etc. I'd like to try new ones tho, like for example chocolate pie and many interesting mixes!

Reaction score
Oh I know how that goes, Trellum, dieting and baking don't always mix well together for my tastes either, lol. I've never really done cheese ones. Have you tried chocolate and pumpkin together? I'm really harping on that one this year but it's my favorite and my great grandma used to make an amazing one....of course she never wrote her recipes down :( they were all just in her head.

Reaction score
Mmm banana cream, I don't mind it, but I always end up forgetting the poor flavour even exists :( haha.

Reaction score
Yum!!! These posts are making me hungry!! I love, pecan, strawberry-rhubarb, pumpkin and key lime pies. I make a couple of pumpkin pies every year for Thanksgiving. I usually try to make pecan around Christmas. My 15 year old daughter loves to bake and we are looking forward to doing a lot of that this fall and winter. :)

Reaction score
Yum!!! These posts are making me hungry!! I love, pecan, strawberry-rhubarb, pumpkin and key lime pies. I make a couple of pumpkin pies every year for Thanksgiving. I usually try to make pecan around Christmas. My 15 year old daughter loves to bake and we are looking forward to doing a lot of that this fall and winter. :)

Hehe you and me both....that's one thing about this forum, it ends up making me inspired and hungry! My husband is a huge fan of pecan, I suppose I should give the flavour more attention than I usually do. That's awesome that you and your daughter bake together, what a fun thing to bond over =). My boys like cooking but some days they're more interested in just the eating aspect ;).

Reaction score
For me it is a toss up between apple and blackberry pie. Both are fabulous and the fruit is local in my area so they are always very fresh.

Ask a Question