Favorite Pies to make and eat.

Reaction score
I wondering what everyone's favorite pies are. My favorite pie to make is Apple Pie; it never gives me any problems. I'm not a fan of apple. I'll eat it if that my on choice for pie but its my mom's favorite. My favorite pie is Blueberry or Cherry Pie. I've never tried to make Cherry Pie and I couldn't make a good Blueberry Pie to save my life. The filling isn't bad but it always boils over or just taste blah. Does anyone else have this problem, being able to make other pies but not your favorite?

Reaction score
I can't really make lemon meringue pie because I'm bad at making meringue. But I'm good at making pumpkin and key lime pies and those are two of my favorite pies.
I haven't made a pecan pie in 20 years but I promised my daughter I would make one this weekend. Hopefully I still remember how.

Reaction score
I do something similar to apple pie but I replace the apples with strawberries. It's basically the same recipe but only change the fruit. Also, I put a lot of cinnamon. Cinnamon and strawberries actually blend very well and it creates that synchonized taste that's not too taste but not bland as well.

Reaction score
My favorite pie is a lemonade cheesecake pie. I found the recipe on Pinterest and it's delicious and looks elegant. I'll have to take a picture the next time I make it. It's awesome!

Reaction score
I love apple pie with cinnamon and vanilla ice cream, but my absolute favorite pie ever would have to be pumpkin. I love pumpkin flavored stuff and I bake it during all seasons!

Reaction score
My favorite pie to make is crumb top apple pie. I love cruchy and sweet crumb top on top of the soft apples and gooey filling. Second would be sweet potato pie because I absolutely love sweet potato pie topped with whip cream.

Reaction score
I love apple pie without all the apples (if that makes sense lol). What i do is make my filling separate. I then put a layer of apples on the bottom of the crust then fill the pie the rest of the way with filling. You need the apples, its just not the same without them, just not to many apples. I also like sweet potato pie. For me its not a holiday pie, its a year round pie. I can live off the stuff. One other pie i love is a pit my mother calls banana split pie. It has walnuts, pineapples, bananas, strawberries, and a whipped cream type of filling. Everyone goes crazy when she makes those pies, including me. I have mastered how to make my favorite pies so i don't always have to call up my mother. But it take some time before i got them down. I also tweaked the recipes to my liking and know they are perfect for me. As always practice makes perfect. HAPPY BAKING:)

Reaction score
One of my favorites from way back is a jell pie.You can use a graham cracker crust or my new favorite a salted pretzel. You combine jell cool whip and fresh fruit. This a refrigerator pie and is a favorite at he summer cookouts.

Reaction score
My favorite pies to make are banana cream and pumpkin pie because they're so easy and tasty. My favorite to eat would definitely be strawberry pie from Marie Calendar's. That stuff should be illegal! Also, their lola berry (?) pie that is only available for a couple of weeks during the summer!

hhh

Reaction score
Even though this is seen as an American desert, I really enjoy pumpkin pie. Now, I know that pumpkin is a vegetable that's used in savory dishes, but I promise you it's tastes really good in deserts. I have't ever cooked (just because I know how difficult it can be), but when you do find a good shop that sells it, I would recommend you pop into the shop and try a bit!

Reaction score
I wondering what everyone's favorite pies are. My favorite pie to make is Apple Pie; it never gives me any problems. I'm not a fan of apple. I'll eat it if that my on choice for pie but its my mom's favorite. My favorite pie is Blueberry or Cherry Pie. I've never tried to make Cherry Pie and I couldn't make a good Blueberry Pie to save my life. The filling isn't bad but it always boils over or just taste blah. Does anyone else have this problem, being able to make other pies but not your favorite?
Favorite to make would be apple one, I add walnuts to it(not sure if that's the classic recipe or just the one I have tried) and it's perfect breakfast for the next few days:). Other than that I'm fan of cherry and any forest fruits, but I haven't tried making them yet. But a bakery nearby has incredible one- really well made, the dough is half-regular half-chocolate and the filling is sour cherry...

Reaction score
My favorite pie to bake and eat is sweet potato pie. Even though I love them, I only fix them around the holidays. I love to eat apple pies. It's been a long time since I have made one from scratch.

Reaction score
I love apple pie without all the apples (if that makes sense lol). What i do is make my filling separate. I then put a layer of apples on the bottom of the crust then fill the pie the rest of the way with filling. You need the apples, its just not the same without them, just not to many apples. I also like sweet potato pie. For me its not a holiday pie, its a year round pie. I can live off the stuff. One other pie i love is a pit my mother calls banana split pie. It has walnuts, pineapples, bananas, strawberries, and a whipped cream type of filling. Everyone goes crazy when she makes those pies, including me. I have mastered how to make my favorite pies so i don't always have to call up my mother. But it take some time before i got them down. I also tweaked the recipes to my liking and know they are perfect for me. As always practice makes perfect. HAPPY BAKING:)

Isn't the apple pie filling just runny goop without the apples? Or do you make a different kind of filling? It doesn't seem like you would even be able to cut a slice of apple pie if it was just the runny sauce without apples in it.

Reaction score
I love pecan pie and it was something I really missed when I was diagnosed with diabetes. Then I found this recipe. It calls for sugar free honey that I can find at Target and occasionally WalMart.

Sugar free pecan pie

Ingredients

1 cup sugar-free honey
3 eggs
1 cup Splenda Granular
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups pecans
1 -9 inch deep dish pie shell
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large bowl combine the honey, eggs, Splenda, butter and vanilla until well blended.
  3. Stir in pecans and pour into deep dish pie shell.
  4. Bake for 50-55 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool; Top with a dabble of Cool Whip Lite if desired and enjoy!

Reaction score
I love banana cream pie. I rarely get to eat a slice , I am the only one in my house who eats this pei so it is pointless for me to kae one. When you go to the bakery it seems like no one knows how to make a good banana cream pie.

Ask a Question