Favorite source for recipes

Reaction score
There are thousands of sources for getting new recipes out there when you are craving something new to bake. Some of us prefer cookbooks while others prefer doing online searches. What is your favorite book or website for getting new recipes to try?

Reaction score
When it comes to finding recipes it's the internet all the way as a matter of fact the few cookbooks that I owned are covered with dust as I haven't reach for them in a while. Whenever I want new and creative cooking ideas it's foodnetwork.com that i turn to.

Reaction score
I think it depends on what it is I am looking for, but I will reach for my cookbooks before I try the internet and I will only cook off a printed copy of something if it is from the internet. I'm not a huge fan of some of these recipe archives online. They are not very good because they rely on the recipes being tested by the person putting them up and often they have not been. Personally I prefer my cookbooks from named authors, or my recipe book where I have known recipes stuck into it.

Reaction score
For baking I get most of my recipes from King Arthur Flour company. They have great recipes that taste great and are easy to follow. The downside is that they are a company that sells flours and other baking ingredients and tools, so they often include obscure ingredients that you can only get from them, like baker's ammonia or almond flour.

Reaction score
Pinterest. Mainly because you can find a lot interesting things from different sources all over the internet and it's easier to manage your recipes from there. I still have some really cool special edition magazines full of amazing desserts you can't find anywhere else on the internet. Very very nice, I actually like them because some of them are so easy, yet original. I don't have the whole collection tho, it's supposed to be a full recipe collection, with all sorts of salads.

Reaction score
I am really excited because I just got The Pioneer Woman Cooks cookbook yesterday and it has everything from main courses to baked desserts. I am only on the 3rd page because she likes to write about her family in her cookbooks, so you just have to stop and read it all.

Reaction score
My favorite source for recipes for cooking and baking is from the cookbooks and recipes my mother gave me and my own cookbooks that I invested when I am not yet still married. But sometimes I also search in the internet new recipes and ideas when it comes to cooking and baking.

Reaction score
I read a lot of blogs and often get new recipe inspiration from there.

But honestly? Sometimes I get an idea in my head of flavors that would work well together, or a recipe idea, and I usually just google it. I almost always find something in the vein of what I'm looking for - whether it be an official recipe website, or a personal blog - it can be various sources but definitely the internet is the easiest for me to get quick ideas these days.

Reaction score
I'll do a google search usually, then check which recipe has the most reviews.

Usually it's BBC Good Food

Reaction score
I read a lot of blogs and often get new recipe inspiration from there.

But honestly? Sometimes I get an idea in my head of flavors that would work well together, or a recipe idea, and I usually just google it. I almost always find something in the vein of what I'm looking for - whether it be an official recipe website, or a personal blog - it can be various sources but definitely the internet is the easiest for me to get quick ideas these days.

I do the same :D Boy, isn't the internet something so useful? To be honest I can't imagine my life without the internet, you can always find everything you might need online. You just need to enter the right words, hit enter and that's it. By the way, I love checking cooking blogs :) I have several favorites.

Ask a Question