Favorite Thing to Bake

Reaction score
Do you have a favorite thing you just love to bake? I grew up loving brownies the most. They are incredibly easy, so it wasn't the challenge I liked, I just loved chocolate and brownies were so rewarding.

If you have a favorite,what makes it a favorite? Is it the challenge? How easy it is? Or is it just a favorite food?

Reaction score
I grew up loving pies the most :) I just love baking pies, they are so easy it is relaxing to bake those. I enjoy baking the cheese one the most, but the pecan one is also nice and easy enough.

Reaction score
I love baking cakes the most because I get to decorate them when they are finished. My favorite cakes are round layer cakes because you get to stack them and then frost away. The most challanging part is getting the frosting to look good on the outside of the cake and it does take practice. Once I mastered this, I was so proud of myself!

Reaction score
So everyone probably knows I am new to baking things from scratch and one time I would have quickly said a chocolate Betty Crocker cake would be my favourite thing to bake. Not these days. Only last night I baked another coconut bread and it's almost gone. I tend to like bread and the hard crust at the top so it's looking like breads are my favourite things to bake right now. What's also important is that everyone seems to love them as well.

It might change as I am growing in the baking department but right now we are going with breads.

Reaction score
Oh Wintery, soon enough you will be an expert and will have to think hard about what you don't like baking:). I am glad you have found the joy we all love!

Reaction score
Sweets I bake are for others sonce I don't really eat sweets, but I LOVE baking savory pies and soft pretzels. Yummmm...pretzels. LOL

Ask a Question