Favorites for Fall Baking?

Reaction score
I don't know about y'all, but I'm ready for this Summer to be over, so the weather will cool off, and I can do more baking. The electric bills seem to creep up and up this time of year, so I really try to limit my baking and cooking. I have a gas stove, so that's not the issue, but of course the oven heats up the whole house, which means the air conditioning is constantly on when the oven is going.

I'm starting to dream about Fall baking. Fall is one of my favorite times of the year, and thinking about the things I like to bake, Thanksgiving always comes to mind. I am already starting to think about making homemade applesauce (not baked, but definitely a Fall favorite), apple pies, pumpkin pies, sweet potato casseroles, and the many other holiday favorites.

What are some of your Fall baking favorites?

Reaction score
I feel like for me, the first thing I think when I think fall is PUMPKIN anything - pies, pumpkin breads, things like that - I love the flavor of pumpkin spice and to me that really does signify that the season has changed!

And yes - sweet potato casserole is another favorite! We always have it at Thanksgiving :)

Reaction score
Well immediately I just said to myself "pumpkin anything" and I would say that it does a good job at summing things up. There are some other flavors associated with the fall that are good, but nothing beats the pumpkin for me and there are so many ways to use it. My favorite has to be the roasted pumpkin seeds themselves as a snack to have on hand, but pumpkin cake is always a staple in our home. I cannot wait, and thank you for sharing.

Ask a Question