Favourite filling in croissants? Or favourite kind of croissants?

Reaction score
I love freshly baked croissants with either cheese, or jam/jelly or even just plain butter that melts in the warmth of the croissant.
Favourite kind of croissant is definately chocolate chip ones, when they come out of the oven, they are just a splender to eat. Warm pastry with melted chocolate, who could argue with that? :rolleyes::)

Reaction score
I like the croissants that have chocolate inside. I could easily eat several of them but the place near me that sells them is kind of expensive.

Reaction score
When I lived in Cape Town there was a shop that sold croissants that were frozen, so all you had to do was pop them in the oven and they would bake, but the longer that you left them in, the bigger they would get. It was great, I used to put them in my oven in the morning and set the timer for about half an hour and by the time that I got home from my shift, they were ready. Ok sure they were not warm but they were still so great. I would go to that shop as I often as I could afford it and the bag that they came in were very big, in a bag there were about maybe more than 20. And there were many different flavours, choc chip, cheese, like a jam flavour and the plain ones. Yum!

Reaction score
I love freshly baked croissants, with a bit of butter... Ooo melt in your mouth delight:D :p

Reaction score
Honestly, I have never heard of anything other than a plain croissant, or that they can have any filling inside! I'm delighted to discover I was wrong all this time! I would think cheese or cream cheese filling would be delicious, like a different version of a Danish! Does anyone have any good recipes I could try?

Reaction score
I believe any croissant is a good croissant, choc-chip, cheese and or plain. Fresh, warm and yummy!

Reaction score
I love my croissant with chocolate filling! And I like it toasted too. It's so good because I love anything chocolate. I also like adding butter if there isn't any other option.

Reaction score
I really love the butter croissant. I generally make sandwiches out of them and do not eat them as a dessert, so butter is the best for me.

Reaction score
I've never baked croissants before, but my boyfriend has done it before and he let me guinea pig his ideas, they were great! He made a plain one, a cheese one, a strawberry jam one and a chocolate one. I think that I liked the cheese one the best though, it tasted great with hot chocolate. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
I really like chocolate croissants, especially when they are warm, but lately I started eating almond croissants. They're absolutely delicious and have a little bit of understated sweetness to them. If anyone is looking for some inexpensive, decent frozen croissants I would recommend the Trader Joe's croissants. They can be a little light on the filling but still very good. I am not sure if this is true but I heard the company that makes the TJ's croissants also makes the very expensive ones that Oprah loves from Williams-Sonoma (and were on her favorite things list at one time or another).

Reaction score
I don't bake croissants, they are too much work. When I buy them from the bakery I love them warm with buttter cinnamon and sugar.

Reaction score
I like the croissants that have chocolate inside. I could easily eat several of them but the place near me that sells them is kind of expensive.
I only discovered these when I was visiting a friend and she made us some for breakfast, but oh my gosh they were so delicious! And actually quite filling for breakfast which I didn't expect.

Reaction score
I usually eat my croissants plain actually. Or maybe with just a little bit of butter.

If I'm going to fill them, it'll be in a savory dish instead.

Like I make a broccoli, cheese, and ham filled croissant. These are really ugly pictures, but you get the idea. I actually prefer using storebought/canned croissants for this type of dish, but I made this set by scratch:

084.jpg

Reaction score
I had ones with chocolate inside them and my friend had made them in the exact same way as in your photo above.

I imagine tuna or sardines might work as well for a savory croissant.

Reaction score
I usually eat my croissants plain actually. Or maybe with just a little bit of butter.

If I'm going to fill them, it'll be in a savory dish instead.

Like I make a broccoli, cheese, and ham filled croissant. These are really ugly pictures, but you get the idea. I actually prefer using storebought/canned croissants for this type of dish, but I made this set by scratch:

084.jpg
Hmm, not sure how I feel about this. I imagine it must taste somewhat nice, but I don't really know if I'd like it myself. I'll have to take your word for it for now at least.

Reaction score
Well from my own experience, even kids who aren't big fans of veggies end up eating these. The croissant stays flaky, the broccoli is cheesy and gooey, and there's actually mustard in the seasoning....so even though it doesn't taste like mustard, it has a little bit of flavor kick to it.

Reaction score
I like to put butter in them, and as a dessert, chocolate. I've never tried cinnamon and sugar, but that sounds delicious! Cheese is good as well... I may have to start on some croissants today...

Reaction score
I love mine to be filled with chocolate. I tried some really tasty ones they sell at our local grocery store, they were filled with dark chocolate or semi bitter one, it was glorious!

Reaction score
Well from my own experience, even kids who aren't big fans of veggies end up eating these. The croissant stays flaky, the broccoli is cheesy and gooey, and there's actually mustard in the seasoning....so even though it doesn't taste like mustard, it has a little bit of flavor kick to it.

I think they look pretty good, but that might be because I love broccoli. Can you share your recipe for making them? I don't think your photo was bad.

Reaction score
Ohh who doesn't love a good chocolate filled croissant? I wonder if they'd be good with little mini marshmallows thrown in, too? I'd say my favorites are the ones with jellies inside though, that flaky croissant taste mixed with fruit flavours is my favorite :).

& I like the idea of savory ones, too, I haven't really made them before but I can see how they'd work well for a lot of different possibilities.

Ask a Question