Favourite Old TV Series?

Reaction score
My favorite has to be the Fresh Prince of Bel Air! I love the comedic banter they have throughout each episode. Even to this day I still laugh all the jokes.

What are your favorite TV series from the "old" days?

Reaction score
I loved Sailor Moon! The main character from the series (it's an anime) was my idol and I would always do what she would. She also loved to eat food the most and they drew the foods so scrumptious looking! Would Mr. Bean count as an old TV series? If so, I would have to watch that show no matter what; super funny!

Reaction score
My favorite has to be the Fresh Prince of Bel Air! I love the comedic banter they have throughout each episode. Even to this day I still laugh all the jokes.

What are your favorite TV series from the "old" days?

Fresh Prince is still funny to watch to this day. OMy. I remember watching it when the kids where younger. One of my sons, could do the Carlton dance to the Tom Jones tunes. We use to roll on the floor.

Reaction score
All of them. Does that count?

I can still watch Golden Girls or The Cosby Show and never get sick of the episodes. And being that I'm in my early 20's some of these weren't even during my time.

Reaction score
Mine would have to be Murder She Wrote. That was and is still the show. I have been watching it for the last 10 years and when it's on I make sure to watch it.

Reaction score
The old shows were the best shows to grace tv.

I have yet to see any TV show which the classic status of most of these shows.

Reaction score
You know they are going to do a remake of that show. I wonder if it will work out, so many remakes fall flat.[/quote

Oh I hope they change their mind. I don't like watching remakes. Why do they have to go and mess it up is beyond me

Reaction score
Mine would have to be Murder She Wrote. That was and is still the show. I have been watching it for the last 10 years and when it's on I make sure to watch it.

I LOVE Murder She Wrote!!! I can still watch episodes I've already seen because I forget "who done it" anyway!!! LOL!!! They used to come on here during the day and I would watch them for a couple of hours straight! But, now they are only on after I go to bed so I don't usually catch them. I just love "Jessica's" character. And it if fun to see some of the guests that are on her show that go on to be famous actors!! I saw the guy from Person of Interest - "Reece" - on Murder she wrote - he was a young man. Still looks and sounds the same.
I'm not sure how I would feel about them redoing it! I don't think you can top them even though they were made in the 80's and 90's!! :)

Reaction score
Roseanne is one of my favorites, because it reminded me so much of my own family. I also loved Sanford and Son. I still watch these shows and it just seems like they take me back in time, to when life was much simpler.

Reaction score
Friends and Cheers. Those two are neck and neck for me.

I have to say, YES,. Sam Malone and Woody, were hilarious. The situations they were in, their classic characters, and the comedy per-se had me watching them time after time.

Friends is a great show too. I still find reruns and watch a few shows. I still laugh at their crazy schemes.

Reaction score
I love Charlie's Angels. I wish a new version would come out. The technology that is available these days, the new Angel's would be equipped with everything. I know the 2 movies came out a while ago, but a series would definitely be watched.

Reaction score
I loved Family Matters and Step by Step. They show the reruns now and I'll catch an episode or two from time to time but it's nothing like it was back then. I have other favorite shows but it's way too many to name.

Reaction score
Oh my! I have many favorite old TV shows! I used to always watch, Step By Step, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Saved By the Bell, Alf, The Big Comfy Couch, Full House, Punky Brewster, Clarrissa Explains in all, and so many more! I was a 80's-90's girl all the way! I used to stay up and watch TGIF and then get up early and watch One Saturday Morning. My favorite cartoons were, Recess, Pepperanne, Woody Woodpecker, and Looney Tunes. I miss those old TV shows! Occassionaly I will find bits of pieces of the old shows on YouTube.

Reaction score
Oh my! I have many favorite old TV shows! I used to always watch, Step By Step, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Saved By the Bell, Alf, The Big Comfy Couch, Full House, Punky Brewster, Clarrissa Explains in all, and so many more! I was a 80's-90's girl all the way! I used to stay up and watch TGIF and then get up early and watch One Saturday Morning. My favorite cartoons were, Recess, Pepperanne, Woody Woodpecker, and Looney Tunes. I miss those old TV shows! Occassionaly I will find bits of pieces of the old shows on YouTube.

"smlewis00, post: 8531, member: 584"]Oh my! I have many favorite old TV shows! I used to always watch, Step By Step, Family Matters, Boy Meets World, Saved By the Bell, Alf, The Big Comfy Couch, Full House, Punky Brewster, Clarrissa Explains in all, and so many more! I was a 80's-90's girl all the way! I used to stay up and watch TGIF and then get up early and watch One Saturday Morning. My favorite cartoons were, Recess, Pepperanne, Woody Woodpecker, and Looney Tunes. I miss those old TV shows! Occassionaly I will find bits of pieces of the old shows on YouTube.[/quote]

We must be around the same age because you just described my Fridays and Saturdays as a kid. I did the exact same thing. Weren't those some great days and great memories!

Reaction score
I like The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Rhoda. I've recently also developed and appreciation for That Girl even though I never watched it as a kid. I was born in 1974, so I was a kid in the 80's and a teen in the 90's. I remember just about every show mentioned in this thread because even in the mid to late 90's when I was in college, I still watched cartoons, anime and kids' shows. Heck ,I still watch them now. I loved watching The Powerpuff Girls and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends with my daughter.
And I'm glad the guys from Big Time Rush are in their 20's, otherwise it would be creepy that I think they're hot.

Reaction score
I use to watch those shows as well and they were my favorites as well. I miss all those old shows. They knew how to entertain people back in the day. I also liked watching Magnum PI and I had a huge crush on Tom Selleck.

Reaction score
I have many old shows that I enjoyed and enjoy watching.
Step by Step
Several People have mentioned : Boy meets world ; did you know there is a new version of this coming out soon?
Mr Belevedere
Saved by the bell ( all of them)
Small Wonder
Knots Landing - This I watched with my mother on a regular basis, so it brings back the "our time"
Friends
Alf
Punky Brewster
Drew Carey

Those are just to name a few. There is nothing wrong with grabbing a bottle of wine, or a hot chocolate and a blanket and laying on the sofa watching these or any others on a Saturday or Sunday.

Reaction score
My Favorite "Old Days" Shows are: Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air, Jeffersons and Good Times, I love these still today.

Ask a Question