Festive fruit cake

Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that will actually admit to liking fruit cake? I saw some bricks of it at The store the other morning and instantly cringed. It is not so much the cake that bothers me, it is the jellied fruits.

Reaction score
Is there anyone on here that will actually admit to liking fruit cake? I saw some bricks of it at The store the other morning and instantly cringed. It is not so much the cake that bothers me, it is the jellied fruits.

I more than love fruitcakes;) yes my love goes real deep,however my son has the same feelings he just cannot stand the jellied fruits so what i usually do is have these fruits blended in the wine or rum that i'll be using and that solves the problem as the fruits are no longer visible and i usually get a milder cake when this is done.:)

Reaction score
I have never even had a fruitcake, homemade or otherwise, so I can't say. I've heard the majority of people saying bad things about them, but than others rave about them...so I've always wondered if they're as awful as they're made out to be or if there is some possibility of making them tasty.

Reaction score
I have never even had a fruitcake, homemade or otherwise, so I can't say. I've heard the majority of people saying bad things about them, but than others rave about them...so I've always wondered if they're as awful as they're made out to be or if there is some possibility of making them tasty.

JessiFox i think just to satisfy your curiosity one of these days you could bake one and then determine if it's to your liking or not , the proof is in the pudding...and remember the kitchen is for experimenting.;)

Reaction score
JessiFox i think just to satisfy your curiosity one of these days you could bake one and then determine if it's to your liking or not , the proof is in the pudding...and remember the kitchen is for experimenting.;)

Oh I most definitely will ;) I'm not one to just leave my curiosity unsatisfied, haha. I've heard enough people claiming to really enjoy it that I'm convinced that it at least CAN be good, so I'm definitely open to experimenting and finding out how that can be so.

Reaction score
One of my co workers actually admits to liking fruit cake and has told us to pass them along to him should any of us ever receive one for Christmas. I have no problem with passing it off to someone who might actually enjoy eating one as I would hate for it to go to waste. Just not my thing.

Reaction score
I don't really love it, more like I can tolerate it, but couldn't eat it more than 2 or 3 times. Three times would be kinda generous for me :p But I think the homemade one is better!

Ask a Question