Filling in Baked Goods

Reaction score
Whenever I try filling pretzels with cream cheese, it always turns into a mess. Making the dough, and putting the cream cheese on the dough is fine. However, when I try wrapping the dough, cream cheese gets everywhere, and does not stay in the dough. I feel as if dipping pretzels in cream cheese would be easier, but I am not one to give up! What can I do to fix this messy situation?

Reaction score
Actually, I haven't tried to inject the filling after the pretzels have been baked. I will try to do that next time! However, I worry that there will be no room for the filling after the pretzels have been baked.

Reaction score
I'd just pinch the edges in good and try to just suggest the shape of a knot rather than try to tie it into one too hard. I don't know if air pockets would cause it to burst during baking as opposed to frying/deep-frying or vice versa, though.

Reaction score
I bought an injector and the thing works great. I use it to fill cream puffs and stuff like that and it does not make the frosting ooze everywhere.

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions! I'll be sure to try and use them when I gather the right materials and bake next time.

Reaction score
I was also going to suggest injecting it. I have always has problems trying to stuff it before hand. It never works for me either.

Reaction score
You may want to try flattening the dough and then spooning the filling in a thin line. Next try pinching the dough closed and then roll it to create a seal . I am not sure this will work but it is worth a try.

Reaction score
Injection works amazing! I do it with a piping gun, but after reading the posts I'm going to invest in an am injector

Reaction score
You just have to inject your filling slowly as sometimes the filling has the tendency to shoot out the other end, After a few times of testing it out, you will sort of get the feeling when the food is full of filling.

Ask a Question