First Recipe That You Learned

Reaction score
Hi fellow bakers,

I'm interested in knowing what everyone's first mastered recipe was. I know for me it was snickerdoodles, but what was it for you?

Reaction score
I was eight and my first recipe was for drop sugar cookies. I remember me and my sister making these for our 4H club. We had a lot of fun and everyone enjoyed our cookies. That was what got me into baking. I like seeing people enjoy my desserts and I love baking them as well.

Reaction score
I think the first recipe I learned was how to make chocolate coconut balls :) It is very simple so it was a good recipe to start with.

Reaction score
My grandmother's homemade chicken noodle soup. Actually quite easy and so delicious. My ultimate comfort food. Just the smell of it cooking satisfies. Key ingredient - bay leaves.

Reaction score
This is gonna be pathetic but the very first recipe I learned was how to prepare a simple egg sandwich,using a half boiled egg, some butter and bread. I chanced upon the recipe in a kindergarten english textbook when I was 6. The illustrations made it look really yummy, so I just had to try it. On my very first attempt, I ended up with a full boiled egg. When I finally made the sandwich, i was convinced that I was the best cook that had ever existed proceeded to make a full batch for my family. Haha.

Reaction score
Yeah I think everyone feels they are the best cook after making a successful dish from their first recipe. I felt the same way after making my first batch of cookies. I thought I was so cool.

Reaction score
Chocolate chip cookies! We used to make the weekly. I have 5 brothers and sisters - so we went through a lot of cookies!
Our friends always used to ask us for some of ours. LOL!
We just learned to make them from the recipe on the back of the Nestle bag.
I still make them that way to this day! :) it seems it is the one thing I can bake w/out fail.

Reaction score
I have to admit that it was making that first batch of cookies by myself that got me into baking. I love to bake desserts because I have a real talent for it. A lot of people have liked my desserts and that makes me feel good.

Reaction score
You guys are advanced. I think the first thing that I learned how to make for myself was just a simple grilled cheese sandwich.
It's pretty impressive that you guys were cooking from actual recipes.

Reaction score
I have to thank my mom for that. She felt that we were old enough to learn how to cook for ourselves. She took out a cookbook and showed us how to follow the recipes. She let us do the prep and she supervised.

Reaction score
My first recipe was a Philly Pasta. It was super easy: noodles, veggies, Philadelphia cream cheese and some salt and pepper to taste - super easy! There was a moment in my life where everyone enjoyed it and I was responsible for making it and taking it to every family function we had and there were a lot!

Ask a Question