Flapjack

Reaction score
If flapjack doesn't count as a 'cookie' then please move this thread mods.

Now, I can put a basic flapjack together, but I'd like to spice it up a bit. I did taste some amazing flapjack a fe weeks ago, it tasted orangey! I think that the person who had made it must have added orange juice (??) to the mixture and then added some very tiny shavings or orange peel to the chocolate that was on top of the flapjack. It was amazing. Does anyone have a recipe for orange flapjack I could try?

Reaction score
I've not tried orange flapjacks before but I can imagine that they would be delicious! You could try adding orange zest to your regular flapjack recipe and see how they turn out? I don't think you would need to add juice, the zest has a lot of flavour.

Reaction score
Would it be okay to put zest in the chocolate that I will use to top the flapjack with too? Or would that be orange overkill do you think? And how much zest should I actually use? So many questions! :D

Reaction score
Would it be okay to put zest in the chocolate that I will use to top the flapjack with too? Or would that be orange overkill do you think? And how much zest should I actually use? So many questions! :D

Hmmm it depends on how much you use! It wouldn't look great - you wouldn't get a smooth finish like you usually would with chocolate, so maybe try a small amount of orange essence instead if you feel it needs it :)

Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried peanut butter pancakes, my husband loves those. I like blueberry pancakes and enjoy fixing honey pancakes, right now I am experimenting with various kinds of flap jacks but nothing to out of the box.

Reaction score
Cookie, who does not love a good cookie every now and then but who wants a hard un-fresh cookie. Not me. I have never tried a flap jack cookie, but am open to trying it just once.

Reaction score
Disaster help, Can anyone give me some advice on how to make good dough. I literally do not do well when it comes to making my cookies with the dough.

Reaction score
Hmmm it depends on how much you use! It wouldn't look great - you wouldn't get a smooth finish like you usually would with chocolate, so maybe try a small amount of orange essence instead if you feel it needs it :)

OK, so put some zest and some juice into the flapjack mix and don't faff with the chcolate? am going to try this tomorrow. And what kind of chocolate should I use for the topping? Cooking chocolate or milk chocolate?

Reaction score
OK, so put some zest and some juice into the flapjack mix and don't faff with the chcolate? am going to try this tomorrow. And what kind of chocolate should I use for the topping? Cooking chocolate or milk chocolate?

I wouldn't bother with the juice as it could make the mix too liquidy and you will get all the flavour from the zest (just be careful not to grate into the white bit because that is quite bitter). I always prefer to use eating chocolate because it tends to have a better flavour. Good luck! Let us know how it goes :)

Reaction score
I've done mine in a pyrex dish before, they seem to come out quite easily from that without using greaseproof paper. If you've had problems using greaseproof paper, then try to use a non-stick dish and grease it well.

Reaction score
Great. I'm gonna go with milk chocolate on the top rather than cooking chocolate - much tastier I think!

Reaction score
I remember having chocolate chip pancakes with blueberry syrup, for breakfast! I thought I was in heaven until the stomach ache arrived. I had one too many. As a kid, it was still worth it. I think Mom was trying to teach me a lesson about wanting sweet things for breakfast.

This has me thinking about recreating that same breakfast one day, and giving Mom a call. :)

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the flapjack didn't come to fruition. I lost my motivation after I'd manage to ruin an entire batch of chocoloate cornflake crispies because the chocoloate siezed *sigh*. I will give it a whirl this weekend and report back!

Reaction score
I have tried making flapjacks on a few occasions and they were delicious every time. I used an old recipe from an old cookbook my mother owns. I think flapjacks are awesome because there is a wide range of ingredients that can be used, and I sure like to experiment with my baking!

Reaction score
I would go to one of the many recipe sites on the web. It sounds super delicious though. It is one of those things there are probably a million different recipes and ways to make it. Good luck, and let us know how it goes, because I love to give new things a try.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I love making Traditional Flapjacks because it's healthy as it is made mainly from oats which are full of iron, vitamin B and zinc, so I can eat them as much as I want without too much guilt. I like adding blueberries in my Flapjack mix. I make minds from scratch I don't use out of the box mix. :p

Ask a Question