Flavorings

Reaction score
Most people use vanilla and almond flavorings when baking, but what about all those others out there? Have you ever used other flavorings for your sugar cookies? If so which ones? Some of the ones I've used are: brandy, rum, peppermint, orange, banana, and caramel. I'm open and hoping to use many others, when I can find them.:D

Reaction score
I love grabbing different flavors when I find them. Almond is my favorite, by far, but I like many others. Orange and lemon go fast around here. I also us rum and brandy, and cherry (my second favorite)I have yet to find anything banana flavored that tastes good, short of a banana.

Orange extract in French toast is fantastic. When I have them that way I top them with butter and powdered sugar instead of syrup so the orange isn't overpowered.

Reaction score
I was under the impression that lemon was almost universal, along with vanilla. I've never considered orange with French toast, just vanilla and cinnamon.Might try it.

Reaction score
I usually only use vanilla extract but I'd love to start experimenting with more flavours. It would give us a different taste and bring out so many flavours depending on what you use.
I didn't even know you could get banana flavouring. My little guy would love that.

Reaction score
I myself use mostly vanilla and almond flavourings, but I've recently come across an ice cream flavouring at the store. I tried it on my cake, it the taste was delicious! I've never really liked the peppermint flavour though, I think it's too minty for my taste buds. I love the banana flavouring though. :D I purchased some mango and apple flavourings as well, but I have yet to try them in a dish.

Reaction score
I was so shocked to see so many different flavors at Walmart. I've used keylime, and banana in cupcakes. And you can just add it to vanilla frosting from the can and really spice it up. I made some cupcakes and I added banana to the batter, and vanilla to the icing. They were amazing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pizzaman

Latest Threads