Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

Reaction score
I saw this while searching for some recipes online and thought i'll try it this coming weekend as the kids will be home for holidays and it's just real simple to do. Thought i'd share:

Ingredients
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling
Directions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the racks in the upper and lower third of the oven.

In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until well combined. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the mixture about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the mounds with the tines of a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the cookies. Sprinkle coarse salt on top of the cookies.

Bake until golden around the edges, about 10 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool. Repeat with the remaining dough.

From Food Network Kitchens; after further testing and to ensure the best results this recipe has been altered from what was in the actual episode.

Recipe courtesy Claire Robinson, 2010

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...peanut-butter-cookies-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Reaction score
I have been making these for my husband for years. I believe the original recipe was Paula Deen's and I found them when I was looking for low carb sweets that my husband could enjoy. I make mine with Splenda instead of sugar though because he is a diabetic.

Reaction score
That does sound incredibly simple...thanks for sharing it :) I love flourless recipes, too, for a nice lighter change. This has inspired me to look at some similar recipes as well.

Reaction score
I have been making these for my husband for years. I believe the original recipe was Paula Deen's and I found them when I was looking for low carb sweets that my husband could enjoy. I make mine with Splenda instead of sugar though because he is a diabetic.

I am liking this idea that you share...being that i am suffering from hypertension i think it's best if i substitute the sugar for Splenda in this recipe as it's a lot healthier.

Reaction score
That sounds pretty good, but I am wondering if they are way too sticky without the flour to absorb some of the peanut butter oils. What kind of texture do you get from these?

Ask a Question