Fondant

Reaction score
hello,
i've never used fondant as a cake coverage and i've be told it is much better than sugar paste papers.
what is the best fondant recepie ? after it's ready when will it be possible to work with? and how?
i'm sorry for all the questions and would really appreciate any advice on the matter...
thank you :)

Reaction score
Most bakers including professional pastry chefs purchase their fondant. The reason being is commercial grade fondant is superior to homemade fondant.

I’m f the fondant is too dry and/or isn’t rolled out and wrapped properly you’ll end up with elephant skin, sagging, and tears.

If you have never used fondant on a cake I would suggest that you purchased fondant and work with it before you try to make your own.

Working with fondant is a skill that has to be developed. It’s not a matter of just rolling out the fondant and placing it on the cake. The cake has to be properly prepped before it’s wrapped in fondant.
If the cake is not properly prepped you’ll end up with air bubbles and bulges under the fondant.

So the cake has to be baked in advance; allowed to settle at least 24 to 48 hours; dammed, filled and stacked; coated with buttercream or ganache; de-gassed by creating a small center hole and left overnight to allow the trapped air in the cake layers to escape.

Reaction score
thank you so much for your kind explenation! it does make more sense to buy it... really appreciate it.

Ask a Question