Food colouring

Reaction score
I was just wondering what kind of food coloring everyone uses. I've been loving the wilton coulour right set but I wanted to know what other brands and colourings are really good.

Reaction score
It's been a long time since the last time I last used food coloring to be honest :O It would be so hard to remember! I used a local food coloring brand the last time. I can't remember the name, but the containers weren't practical at all, they looked like this:

iCg_FoodColoring.jpg

Couldn't they come up with a more practical design?

Reaction score
LOLOL. I agree!!! I thought they were so cute when I first opened the box and then when I was finishing one of them I thought...this design sucks. LOLOL I use those once in a while but mostly I use the Wilton (sorry don't know the full name) that comes in a little round container or another brand's (Americana?) gel ones that come in a dropper.

Reaction score
I don't really use it because it's not natural, but when I did I recall it came in a bottle similar to essential oils bottles where the opening is made so you can easily control how many drops you get.

Reaction score
I've used both, and have both here at the house. I keep the ones @Trellum posted, because I've been using them for years. I wanted some specific colors for a project a while back, so I went to Hobby Lobby and found some really pretty colored ones by Wilton.

Reaction score
I use the ones @Trellum posted. But I noticed there were some neon food colouring colors i would LOVE to try those

Lol, oh my!!!! I have yet to see neon colors being sold over here, all the neon colors I have so far seen here are in clothes and nail polish, lol. I'd love to try those out, imagine baking a rainbow cake with those!? My niece would go crazy! Heck, I think I'd go crazy too with a cake like that!!!

Reaction score
I normally go for Wilton icing colours. It's partially because they're what I'm used to, but I also really prefer the gel colours as opposed to liquid and they've got a huge array of colour choices. The one exception is when I'm making a red velvet cake, because for a recipe like that I feel like you have to go with the classics. I've had issues before with going overboard on food colouring and having it thin down my frosting somewhat so I like having an option besides the regular liquid.

Gel colours are harder to spill too, when you're as clumsy as I am that's a big plus!

Reaction score
Coloring is necessary while you are making pastries,cakes and cupcakes.Always use good company food colors because they will increase the taste of your recipe.It is better if you will use gel colors while baking.

Thanksgiving gifts

Ask a Question