Food Labels

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new on here and have enjoyed very much browsing the forum. I do have a question for anyone who may be able to answer. I am in the process of getting my kitchen inspected to be able to sell my baked goods outside of my home. Well part of the application process is to send in a label with ingredients, weight, etc. I know how to weigh and what to put on the labels but no idea how to get them. Do I need a specific printer? Can i order them online? Any information regarding this will be helpful. Thanks so much!
Stacy

Reaction score
Reaction score
Thanks! I do know what is supposed to go on the labels just stuck on the printing part. I seen printers for this but they are over $1,000! I was looking for something easy and easier on the wallet. I'm so technology dumb.

You don’t need a special printer. Just download a nutrition label template on your computer. Then input your information. Buy blank labels at the office supply store. Load then in your printer. Then press print on your computer.

Reaction score
Just be sure to ask the inspection people if you can make homemade labels or not.

Some places are nit-picky about every little thing. You might have to order your labels from a certified list of label producers, if they don't allow home print versions.

If you want really good professional labels, you can usually get some made from online printing companies.

A lot of sticker companies will make custom labels by the roll, if you want to order a one big roll of them.

www.vistaprint.com is a very good place to start. They have all sorts of business items that can be customized.

When I tried my hand at selling from home, I got some FREE giant door magnets with my business name and info on them and put them on my vehicle, as well as got 100 FREE business cards. All I had to do was pay for shipping expenses.

I don't know if they still do the FREE thing, but their prices are pretty good, plus they have a wide array of customizable things you can get for small business needs.

Reaction score
Just be sure to ask the inspection people if you can make homemade labels or not.

Some places are nit-picky about every little thing. You might have to order your labels from a certified list of label producers, if they don't allow home print versions.

If you want really good professional labels, you can usually get some made from online printing companies.

A lot of sticker companies will make custom labels by the roll, if you want to order a one big roll of them.

www.vistaprint.com is a very good place to start. They have all sorts of business items that can be customized.

When I tried my hand at selling from home, I got some FREE giant door magnets with my business name and info on them and put them on my vehicle, as well as got 100 FREE business cards. All I had to do was pay for shipping expenses.

I don't know if they still do the FREE thing, but their prices are pretty good, plus they have a wide array of customizable things you can get for small business needs.
Thank you so much!

Ask a Question