For our lactose intolerant friends... non-dairy cheesecake

Reaction score
How delicious does this look? Non-Dairy Chocolate Cheesecake.

I thought some of our friends here might enjoy this recipe. Heck, I think everyone might enjoy it. It sounds yummy to me.

One of my loved ones just found out she's lactose intolerant, so I'll send this to her as well. Then, I'm going to dig through here and locate the recipes that I've seen shared here for her.

Reaction score
Wow, I just checked the recipe... it happens to be not vegan and gluten-free as well :O Nice find! I love how creative vegan people has gotten with the use of raw cashews :) I use those to make my own homemade creamer ;)

Reaction score
Its not that different from one I have made numerous times before and served many times at garden parties and BBQ's and for people to complain that there wasn't enough of it! The one I have used is this one http://nouveauraw.com/raw-recipies/desserts/deep-dark-chocolate-blackberry-cheesecake/ but as a word of warning to anyone trying it, these things are not cheap to make and I have always found the base way too thin, so have usually doubled it.

With the OP's recipe link, you will need to make sure that your dark chocolate is dairy free. I know it sounds daft, but a lot of it is not dairy free and tbh I don't see the point in using raw walnuts or raw cashew nuts when she is not using raw dark chocolate and chocolate does taste completely different its raw form and can be purchased raw.

Reaction score
Ah, okay, Connie, that's good to know. Thank you for the tips and advice. I'll have to keep these issues in mind, before I decide to make this one then. Yours sounds really good too... even better now that we know the tricks to make it properly. ;)

Reaction score
It would be good but it's not for me. I get stomach pain every time I eat cachews, raw, roasted, baked, doesn't matter.

Reaction score
It would be good but it's not for me. I get stomach pain every time I eat cachews, raw, roasted, baked, doesn't matter.
There is no reason why you can not make it with almonds or some other nut which you can have. Just make sure it is not a too strongly flavoured but like walnuts which really do not substitute eel.

Reaction score
Maybe hazelnuts would work. I haven't worked with cachews so I'm not really familiar with their oil content in comparison with other nuts.

Ask a Question