Foreign Foods

Reaction score
What is your favorite type of foreign food? What is the meal or dish you like best.?

Reaction score
I like the taste of the Indian foods. I don't know but I always prefer them from Japanese, Italian or French like most people do. I just like the taste, like it has a different spice compared to others. And their meat is very rich and full.

Reaction score
Lumpia is my favorite foreign food and it is a roll from the Phillipines. I grew up in a Navy town and so there was always a ton of ladies who made it. I also love gyros, which are greek.

Reaction score
I like the taste of the Indian foods. I don't know but I always prefer them from Japanese, Italian or French like most people do. I just like the taste, like it has a different spice compared to others. And their meat is very rich and full.
I agree. I love all others mentioned, of course. But the Indian one is more unusual to me, and it is very balanced as well. Generally I love trying all foreign foods I can get my hands on. Where I am not, I like Goulash in bread, it's tasty and filling.

Reaction score
I like egg rolls of different kinds. I make both the meat/vegie filled ones and vegetarian ones. I have even found a recipe that uses store bought egg roll wrappers with pepperoni and mozella cheese inside! They look so yummy. I like to bake mine instead of frying them. I spray the baking pan with an oil spray and then when I put the egg rolls on it, I spray the tops. It helps them brown. They do not have as much crunch, but are better for you.

Reaction score
I guess it's not really considered 'foreign' food, but I just cannot get enough of pizza. Although I love baking and cooking at home, I just cannot pass up the chance to order some dominos pizza. Other than that though, I got introduced to a lovely Swedish recipe a while back called...Biorch I believe it's spelled. It's a cake made with custard in the middle, sort of.

Reaction score
I could eat Mexican food every single day and never tire of it! My favorite local restaurant makes a chicken and potato dish with a red sauce similar to enchilada sauce that is soooo freaking good!

Reaction score
I tried Thai the other day, and I absolutely love it:). I think along with Indian it may become one of my favorites.

Reaction score
I love to cook (and eat) Italian and Mexican food. I'm sure its not authentic but it tastes good and we have both types of dishes very often. I also love Indian and Mediterranean food. I can't cook it to save my life though so I leave it to the professionals!

Reaction score
The trouble with favoring foreign food, especially if I only know it from reading a recipe and wanting to try it out for myself in the kitchen, is that I never really know what it's really supposed to taste like.

Especially if I can't find a specific ingredient at all, let alone if it's expensive because it's imported.

Lately I've been experimenting with Staffordshire oatcakes, colcannon, and Scotch eggs. Not all together in one plate mind you... although... nothing's stopping me from doing that...

I'm meeting up with a friend of mine weekend after next maybe to whip up some Japanese food that most restaurants don't make. She lives right beside Little Tokyo with the Japanese grocery and it's really like walking into a little pocket dimension of Japan!

Reaction score
Just anything Chinese, I love it! I could live on Chinese food if I could. Chicken Chow Mein, Singapore Noodle, Egg Fried Rice... I'm getting hungry! I always get random cravings for egg fried rice in the middle of the night which is kind of weird I suppose...

Reaction score
I like Chinese and Japanese food. I like sushi, yakisoba, pork katsu, tempura, onigiri. And I'll basically eat anything on a Chinese menu except dim sum chicken feet or shark's fin soup.

Reaction score
I like Chinese and Japanese food. I like sushi, yakisoba, pork katsu, tempura, onigiri. And I'll basically eat anything on a Chinese menu except dim sum chicken feet or shark's fin soup.

I agree sushi and onigri are of few of my favorites. I also love korean food Bibimbap is great and so is kimchee fried rice.

Ask a Question