Forgetting your birthday?

Reaction score
It's my birthday today!

But...it seems like all my friends have forgotten! :(

My husband remembered (and brought me home a cake!), and my sister remembered too...but it's basically radio silence from everyone else!

Have you ever had people forget your birthday?

Reaction score
Sometimes this is usually happening and I remembered there are some occasions in my past birthdays that early in the morning I am already waiting who will greet me up to the end of the day. And when there are those that I am assuming who will not forget to greet me but happened to forget I became so sad because I was not expecting it from them. Well, they are forgiven and I understand whatever are their reasons and what is important is that up to now they are still part of my life. Well, happy birthday and enjoy your special day! :)

Reaction score
The only person to ever remember my birthday was my grandma.

Nowadays, most everybody in the family is passed away. My sister has only remembered my Birthday probably only about 4 or 5 times in my life. What very few friends I have might send me a text. Thats about it.

I really don't care anyway. I have never cared for Birthdays.

But Happy Birthday to YOU!!
Of course you know my favorite part of anyones Birthday:D:p;)

thumb_a-comandat-un-tort-cu-imaginea-pisicii-ei-ce-a-primit-in-schimb-o-femeie-din-sua-a-starnit-hohote-de-ras_1.jpg

Reaction score
Thanks all - the cake was delicious and a bunch of people called and messaged the next day - I think sometimes it just slips people's minds! But I'm so glad I have you friendly folk here on the forum that sent me good vibes (and funny cat videos!)

Reaction score
I really don't care about dates. I don't believe in them. These are the things we invented to have something to talk about and celebrate. To remember and have direction in life like that is the whole point of sense. If you have a damn Facebook account you will not have that problem. No one will forget your birthday when they see the notification. I like to keep myself above these irrelevant things and when I put it like this you cannot dispute it is basically irrelevant and invented from us by us like most of the things, to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. Don't worry about those.

Reaction score
Well I have certainly done it, but it was not outright forgetting. I remembered it for the week coming up and I knew that it was around the corner and all of that, until it took me about midway through the day on the actual day to realize. I bet it is way more common than most people might think. I also bet that more people hate their birthdays than a lot of people think, although it is one more year so I am sure people can find the bad in it.

Reaction score
I really don't care about dates. I don't believe in them. These are the things we invented to have something to talk about and celebrate. To remember and have direction in life like that is the whole point of sense. If you have a damn Facebook account you will not have that problem. No one will forget your birthday when they see the notification. I like to keep myself above these irrelevant things and when I put it like this you cannot dispute it is basically irrelevant and invented from us by us like most of the things, to make ourselves feel better about ourselves. Don't worry about those.

I have a Facebook account but I don't list my birthday on there! :) But I like what you said about not really worrying about dates - I think that's a good lesson. It's not about those things, it's about living a good life! So I appreciate your perspective.

Reaction score
My birthday hasn't been forgotten since I added it to Skype, everyone gets a reminder on the day of your Birthday on there ;) I hope you are feeling better, sometimes this kind of things happen... actually now I think about it, those birthday calendars dutch people keep in their bathrooms don't sound like a bad idea at all. No wonder they never miss a birthday!

Reaction score
Well, I personally never forget about my birthday, it's quite impossible for me not to think about it right before I go to sleep, however, my dad forgot about my birthday this year, he just woke up and passed by my side without saying a single word, eventually my mom had to remind it to him, it was quite odd though, by the way, you should use facebook, nobody will ever forget about your birthday anymore, believe me.

Ask a Question