Freezing icing

Reaction score
I want to freeze individual packets of buttercream frosting to frost fruit turnovers as I bake them. I make and freeze a large batch of turnovers and then bake them when we want them. I would like to frost them as we bake them. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
Buy some small plastic pastry bags.
Fill them with frosting, about halfway or 3/4's of the way.
Fold over the top of the bag a little bit, then fold it over again, then fold it over again, then tape it down onto itself.
Make however many you want, as frozen buttercream will last about 6 months before the sugars start crystalizing and making it "grainy".
Fill up a gallon sized ziplock baggie with the pastry bags and close it up good.
Stick it in the freezer.

When you want one, just take it out and lay it on the counter right after you put the turnovers in the oven.

When ready, just cut the tip off the pastry bag and use.

Reaction score
Fold over the top of the bag a little bit, then fold it over again, then fold it over again, then tape it down onto itself.
Make however many you want, as frozen buttercream will last about 6 months before the sugars start crystalizing and making it "grainy".
Fill up a gallon sized ziplock baggie with the pastry bags and close it up good.
Stick it in the freezer.

When you want one, just take it out and lay it on the counter right after you put the turnovers in the oven.

When ready, just cut the tip off the pastry bag and use.[/QUOTE
Stick it in the freezer.

When ready, just cut the tip off the pastry bag and use.

Thank you so much. I am going to put my turnovers together today and freezing them. Tomorrow I will do the frosting. I really do appreciate you taking time to answer.

Ask a Question