French Baguette Favourite Recipe

Reaction score
My first attempt of baking a baguette looked like a bloomer!! Several attempts later, I now have a perfobake baguette tray and the shapes that are appearing are just want I want. However, I probably now need to work on a slightly better recipe.

I am currently working with 4 cups plain flour, 1 teaspoon dry yeast, 2 cups warm water, 2 teaspooons salt. I am in the UK so have adapted the original recipe accordingly. Don't get me wrong, this does make us 3 lovely baguettes but I'm looking to experiment to get something even better.

So, anyone willing to share their secrets?

Reaction score
Recipe looks good, I really love french bread, think that has to be my favorite bread.

Reaction score
That is basically the same recipe I use for my french bread. On occasion I do like to sprinkle a Parmesan and Cheddar and Monterrey- jack shredded cheese mixture on top a couple minutes before i take it from oven. Adds a little something extra and tasty to it.

Reaction score
That is basically the same recipe I use for my french bread. On occasion I do like to sprinkle a Parmesan and Cheddar and Monterrey- jack shredded cheese mixture on top a couple minutes before i take it from oven. Adds a little something extra and tasty to it.

I keep wanting to try my own garlic bread but husband tends to eat all the bread before I get chance but perhaps I will try experimenting with adding the garlic butter before they've finished cooking so he doesn't get chance :)

Ask a Question