French bread pan (2 baguettes)

Reaction score
Has anyone used this type pan and if so is it necessary to have one. Would you get the same results from a stone? Pan looks like a W if looking at the ends.

Reaction score
Has anyone used this type pan and if so is it necessary to have one. Would you get the same results from a stone? Pan looks like a W if looking at the ends.

No you do not need a pan. One of the key skills in breadmaking is learning how to shape. In shaping you create surface tension so the raw dough holds its shape.

Stone or a baking steel it good if you are baking long loaves. But if you are baking smaller loaves then a Dutch oven is the better investment.

Reaction score
Thank you, I will try a Dutch oven on the next sour dough try this weekend. I was lucky enough to get a nice set of 3 scrapers, stainless, and plastic from William Sonoma. I made pasta a few nights ago and that really came in handy.

Ask a Question