Fried chicken mashed potato cake

Reaction score
IMG_5481.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

So, this ought to be the craziest cake I've ever seen being sold, lol. It looks nice, I love fried chicken and all, but not sure I'd ever eat it... Very pretty indeed tho. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
It looks horrendous! I really should not have looked at it just before lunch!

But you are right, it is definitely the craziest! yuck.....

Reaction score
Hahahahaha @connie Who could resist not looking? ;) I know I'd not, not with that title :) Hehehehe, but seriously, it is gross, can't imagine who would want to eat that, but I kinda liked the way they presented it, lol.

Reaction score
It is nicely put together, but I can't imagine combining the flavored of chicken with the sweet cake and frosting. I don't know how many people can actually eat that.

Reaction score
I love cake, and I love fried chicken with mashed potatoes, but never should they be mixed! I would be curious to see who would actually eat a cake like this. I am all for creative baking, but that cake just looks gross:confused::confused::confused:

Reaction score
Hahahaha, I love fried chicken and mashed potatoes as well :p But I agree with you, if I think about it as food and something someone would eat I get grossed out, but aestethically speaking... I must admit it looks pretty, that woman has talent. No doubt about it. Poor choice of ingredients tho, lol.

Reaction score
It is nicely put together, but I can't imagine combining the flavored of chicken with the sweet cake and frosting. I don't know how many people can actually eat that.

It's mashed potatoes used as frosting ;) It looks as frosting, but it's in fact mashed potatoes. This is a salty cake. But I understand the confusion and this is why I thought this cake was aestethically speaking pretty, because the mashed potatoes do look like icing! That woman got talent. Can't be easy to do that with mashed potatoes.

Reaction score
Wow, so the piping on the cake is actually mashed potato? Very creative -- a little weird, but I admire them for going a bit outside the box. Not sure if I'd eat it though...

To be honest if it wasn't for the fried chicken on the top, I would have just thought it was vanilla frosting and a caramel drizzle (I think what looks like caramel is meant to be gravy on top of the mashed potatoes, perhaps? Or maybe it is just caramel as I suspected originally!)

Reaction score
Is the fried chicken also real? I thought, WOW that some awesome fondant work. LOLOL I don't know how it would taste BUT I will say that maybe it doesn't taste that bad. I mean, you'd eat the mashed and chicken first and then the cake, right?

I don't like sweets, BUT I can eat a little at a time of it and I've used plain old vanilla soft serve ice cream as a dip for french fries. I learned it while working as an embarkation officer for a cruise ship. I don't know who I saw doing it that I got curious and tried it. It is actually pretty good. (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like sweets). Maybe this cake isn't that bad?

Reaction score
If the cake is a savoury rather than a sweet cake, then I would hazard a guess at the cake tasting like cold mashed potato, chicken and bread to be honest!

A simple Google search confirms that it is indeed a savoury cake - cornbread.
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/entertainment/a35113/brees-fried-chicken-gravy-mashed-potato-cake/

LA based cake-maker and mad-genius, Bree Miller, has created a layer cake of cornbread, iced with mashed potatoes, drizzled with gravy and topped with fried chicken. Oh yeah, and there's macaroni & cheese in there, too.

I think people were confused because it looked like a cake, but it's not dessert.

Reaction score
If the cake is a savoury rather than a sweet cake, then I would hazard a guess at the cake tasting like cold mashed potato, chicken and bread to be honest!

A simple Google search confirms that it is indeed a savoury cake - cornbread.
http://www.cosmopolitan.co.uk/entertainment/a35113/brees-fried-chicken-gravy-mashed-potato-cake/

Sorry Connie, I should have specified, but I really thought it was more than obvious this cake was a savory one, mostly due the nature of the ingredients I mentioned that were used to make it. I should still have mentioned it, lol. My bad!

Reaction score
Is the fried chicken also real? I thought, WOW that some awesome fondant work. LOLOL I don't know how it would taste BUT I will say that maybe it doesn't taste that bad. I mean, you'd eat the mashed and chicken first and then the cake, right?

I don't like sweets, BUT I can eat a little at a time of it and I've used plain old vanilla soft serve ice cream as a dip for french fries. I learned it while working as an embarkation officer for a cruise ship. I don't know who I saw doing it that I got curious and tried it. It is actually pretty good. (and this is coming from someone who doesn't like sweets). Maybe this cake isn't that bad?

I have no idea why you people are so confused about this one :p It's obvously a savoury cake made of cornbread! Ever heard of savoury cakes guys? They are so popular in places like norway! They even have a sandwich cakes... so cakes are not always sweet, just like pies can be sweet or savoury sometimes.

Wow, so the piping on the cake is actually mashed potato? Very creative -- a little weird, but I admire them for going a bit outside the box. Not sure if I'd eat it though...

To be honest if it wasn't for the fried chicken on the top, I would have just thought it was vanilla frosting and a caramel drizzle (I think what looks like caramel is meant to be gravy on top of the mashed potatoes, perhaps? Or maybe it is just caramel as I suspected originally!)

Same here, lol, even though I know this cake is not some weird sweet cake with a mashed potato icing and chicken on top, I'd still not eat it. I bet the cornbread used to make this taste good, but not sure I'd ever pay for something like this lol. And yes, pretty sure it is gravy. After all this is a savoury cake ;) Not the first one I have ever seen though, because in norway they have things like sandwich cake.

Reaction score
Well this one surely takes the 'cake' for me and all my questions were answered. At the glance I thought it was just a creative cake with icing and spraining my brain to understand how they got the chicken to look so real. Questions answered and I pass.

Reaction score
Lol, I totally get you! Can you believe this cake is being offered in a fancy bakery (I think California?), I like what the person did with it aesthetically, but I wonder who would actually eat it, lol. It's just cold mashed potatoes and fried chicken, I rather eath those separately :p Warm fried chicken and mashed potatoes and some cornbread on the side ;)

Ask a Question