Fried desserts?

Reaction score
I've only tried a couple of fried desserts and really like them. (Deep fried Oreos, fried ice cream) Are there any other fried desserts out to try? I would love to branch out and try a few new recipes.

Reaction score
I was just watching a show on tv recently that said fried treats are now in the top 10 most desired foods when it comes to snack cravings (at least in America) Fairs all over the place are experimenting with deep-fried _____________ and coming up with crazy results. I saw deep-fried Twinkies, deep-fried peanut butter cups, deep-fried bananas and deep-fried Snickers bars. Then, not only do they deep fry it, they drizzle it with chocolate or carmel and add whipped cream on top! Whew!
If you're looking to try some recipes at home, try:
http://www.yummly.com/recipes/deep-fried-desserts

Reaction score
There was a restaurant in downtown Las Vegas that sold a bunch of deep fried treats like Twinkies, Snicker bars, etc. I never tried anything because fried sweets don't really appeal to me.

Reaction score
Fried desserts are guilty pleasures. I think I tried once with ice cream, I don't know what's in it and I don't remember really, I just remember the taste. Oh so scrumptious. There's this one dessert in this on mall here in my area who sells fried banana, I've never tried it but it sounds so delicious with the chocolate syrup and whipped cream.

Reaction score
A friend of mine really likes fried Nutella wontons, though I've never tried them myself.

Reaction score
A local treat here in the Philippines is turon, or fried bananas. I've never considered it a fried dessert before, but of course it is, that's how it's cooked.

Slice a cooking banana lengthwise, cover in brown sugar, layer a cut of mango or some jackfruit over it, then wrap it all up in a spring roll wrapper. Deep-fry and serve with an ice cream of your choice.

Reaction score
I really enjoy fried apple fritters, but they are so bad for you. Basically you just make really thick pancake batter and dip apple slices that have been generously coated in sugar and cinnamon and the throw them in a deep fryer. I generally make them as a breakfast treat.

Ask a Question