Frosting/Icing and Fillings

Reaction score
Hello hello hello, everyone. Any help? What frosting/icing and Fillings go well with banana and coconut cakes?

Can anyone help with an orange cake recipe ?

Reaction score
What frosting/icing and Fillings go well with banana and coconut cakes?

I think a vanilla buttercream with a hint of rum would work really well here! :D If you're not keen on rum then a caramel-flavoured frosting would also taste nice.

Can anyone help with an orange cake recipe ?

This is my favourite orange cake recipe - it is made with ground almonds instead of flour which makes it very moist. Whenever I cook it I always have so many compliments, it's always popular!

https://www.nigella.com/recipes/clementine-cake

Reaction score
Maybe it's a very beginner question. But what is the difference between these three?

You mean frosting / icing / filling? 'Frosting' is a US term, 'icing' is a UK term, but they are both the same. As an example, buttercream frosting/icing is made with sugar and butter.

'Filling' tends to indicate that it will go inside something - eg between layers of cake - so frosting can be a filling.

Ask a Question