Frozen Fruit Pies!

Reaction score
With the heat on i am craving a frozen fruit pie; lemon is one of my favorite what is yours?

Reaction score
Avocado! That's strange because I don't actually really like the fruit on its own. It has a sort of smoky aftertaste. But, for some reason I really like avocado ice cream, guacamole and all that...

Reaction score
Avocado! That's strange because I don't actually really like the fruit on its own. It has a sort of smoky aftertaste. But, for some reason I really like avocado ice cream, guacamole and all that...

This one is totally new to me, i like avocado a lot but never try using it to make a pie i think this is an idea to entertain on one of these hot summer evenings.

Reaction score
I like to make frozen no-bake pies, not sure if avocado would hold up well in baking heat. I like avocado with coconut cream or coconut milk!

Reaction score
I like to make frozen no-bake pies, not sure if avocado would hold up well in baking heat. I like avocado with coconut cream or coconut milk!

I like the sound of your avacado pie Ellyn, and frozen no-bake pies sound like a great way to cool down, and avoid the heat of the oven in these hotter months. It would be sort of healthy too with avacado, and the addition of the coconut milk. What do you use for a base, and what do you put on the top?

Care to share your recipe? ;)

Reaction score
I like the sound of your avacado pie Ellyn, and frozen no-bake pies sound like a great way to cool down, and avoid the heat of the oven in these hotter months. It would be sort of healthy too with avacado, and the addition of the coconut milk. What do you use for a base, and what do you put on the top?

Care to share your recipe? ;)

The only crust I've ever used or needed to use for these are Graham crackers. I use whole ones for frozen pies, but crushed ones are great with any ice cream. The texture brings the flavor out better, so I do think they work really well with frozen pies.

I just layer the graham crackers with the cream and fruit.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Ellyn. We don't have Graham crackers here in the UK - not that I've seen anyway. I wonder what would suffice as a replacement? Ordinary cream crackers, or digestive biscuits like we put on the base of a cheesecake?

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, Ellyn. We don't have Graham crackers here in the UK - not that I've seen anyway. I wonder what would suffice as a replacement? Ordinary cream crackers, or digestive biscuits like we put on the base of a cheesecake?

Digestive biscuits are probably the closest thing, yes. I tried to make a savory version of the avocado frozen fruit pie with salmon bits and cream crackers, but it didn't turn out too well...the cream crackers I used just sort of stayed frozen shards and then a soppy crust without any thaw stage in between that would have been perfect.

Reaction score
Digestive biscuits are probably the closest thing, yes. I tried to make a savory version of the avocado frozen fruit pie with salmon bits and cream crackers, but it didn't turn out too well...the cream crackers I used just sort of stayed frozen shards and then a soppy crust without any thaw stage in between that would have been perfect.

That was a brave try though Ellyn! Salmon and avocado sounds like a lovely combination. Shame about the cream cracker shards though. I can't think of anything else that might work on a frozen savoury pie.

Ask a Question