Fruit cake

Reaction score
The dreaded holiday fruit cake has anyone found a recipe that makes that actually edible? I posted this in the bread section because it's more of a bread than a cake.

Reaction score
did you ask about fruitcake for Christmas, that it takes 2 days to make and 3 weeks to ripen?
I' d like to know the taste of this cake. Is it really delicious? How does it taste?

Reaction score
The solution to making it taste good is adding something with a favorable flavor. If you don't like it too bitter then make sweet. I usually put chocolate chips in mind because I am a rebel. :D

Reaction score
:p:p
The solution to making it taste good is adding something with a favorable flavor. If you don't like it too bitter then make sweet. I usually put chocolate chips in mind because I am a rebel. :D

... then to pour liquor ... and , finally, it'll be the most delicious fruitcake.:p

Reaction score
Many times problem with fruitcake is that people start it's preparation with a few weeks in anticipation to Christmas, and this does not allow it matures as should be, besides not receiving enough liquid to avoid it takes the consistence of compost.

I use to pour cognac or brandy everyday during the maturation time, and by Christmas time it's not just delicious but not that hard as many commercial fruitcakes.

Now, if you want to save time and hassle there is a famous bakery in Texas that has probably the best fruitcakes I have ever tasted and they deliver anywhere in beautiful decorated cans.

Check them out, https://www.collinstreet.com/

Reaction score
A good fruit cake is just far too much work for me. I will not bake them because I know I am not willing to take the time to do the rightway.There are enough bad fruitcakes out there, no need for me to add to them.

Ask a Question