Fruit Crostata

Reaction score
I like making crostata, because it involves one crust, instead of two, which of course, cuts down on the calories and carbohydrates, while still giving a nice fruity dessert flavor. When I have time and energy, I will make one from scratch, but other times, when I need a quick dessert, I will simply use a refrigerated pie crust and canned fruit pie filling.

If you're interested in making one from scratch, here are a couple of recipes that look yummy!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...a-with-raspberry-jam-recipe.html?ic1=obinsite

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/summer-fruit-crostata-recipe.html

Reaction score
That looks like a very tasty dessert, very easy as well. Thanks for sharing, I might try it the next time I need a fast dessert for the visits.

Reaction score
That does actually look really good. I looked up your Food Network link and saw that Ina Garten from Barefoot Contessa was the chef who posted the recipe. She is such an amazing person and I always love her recipes.

Reaction score
I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted this, and I still haven't made the crostata. I guess I've been busy with the baked apples and gingerbread bars, but I'm putting this on the agenda for this week. I want to make the peach crostata before the end of the month, then in the Fall, I'll make an apple one with fresh apples. I love that the internet gives us access to recipes from not only these great chefs, but also, from everyday people, such as those I find and use all the time, on Taste of Home.

Reaction score
Don't worry, you will surely find time for it later =D Sometimes life do get in the way, but eventually I'm sure you will be able to enjoy your crostata =D I just baked a batch of brownies last week ;) I had to do it in a rush :p Life was getting on the way ;)

Reaction score
@Trellum Here it is Friday, and I still haven't made it. I have blueberries and bananas in the house, so might make a blueberry banana bread first. I try to only have one dessert in the house at a time, otherwise it's too tempting ;).

Reaction score
@Trellum Here it is Friday, and I still haven't made it. I have blueberries and bananas in the house, so might make a blueberry banana bread first. I try to only have one dessert in the house at a time, otherwise it's too tempting ;).

Yummy!!!!! Can you take a picture of it if you decide to make it? I bet it tastes amazing!!!! I really want to get into making that kind of breads for breakfast, I think I will :) Hope my husband likes it! By the way, no baking this weekend for me xD

Reaction score
I'll try to remember to take a picture when I make it. It might be a while, because of course, the bananas and blueberries are all gone now. I tend to make it towards the end of Summer, so hopefully I'll have some soon. It does taste amazing, the blueberries give it a little extra sweetness, and I always feel healthy when I pack extra fruit and/or veggies into a recipe :D.

Ask a Question