Fruitcake Tips

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So, fruitcakes have been one of my all time favorites, not just during the Christmas season. I've been making them for many years now, and I personally enjoy one with a good kick from the alcohol content.

However, at times, it does become a little dry, should I have to leave out the alcohol.

So, what are your tips and tricks?

Reaction score
I actually don't have anything to add to this, but I am curious too. I've never actually had fruitcake, ever, but I know someone who loves it. She's said she has only ever had one that she liked alot and it was really good. Unfortunately for her, she doesn't have the recipe. I think I could probably make her one around Christmas. I am sure she would enjoy it alot if I got a good recipe. I also wonder if there is anything special I should do or any common mistakes that I should be avoided?

Reaction score
Recipes can be found pretty easily online nowadays. The question is, how do you execute the recipe well. The only tips I can give, based on my experience is to ensure the butter is properly creamed before adding the rest of your ingredients.

Reaction score
Fruitcakes are yummy. I too love them and prefer having them on all occasions, though not the alcohol one. As far as your question is concerned, alcohol may not be the only reason for the dryness. You need to read few good recipes online and find out where the mistake lies in your preparation. It is important that you follow every step carefully as the slightest mistake with the preparation can turn its taste upside down.

Ask a Question