Fudge Brownies

Reaction score
I don't like dark chocolate but was given a package of dark chocolate fudge brownies. My 12yo was like just bake them, I'm craving chocolate, I want brownies, etc. Well, I had a package of vanilla pudding mix in my cupboard so I thought I'd throw it in with the mix and maybe it'd tone the fudge down a bit. Amazingly, those are the best brownies that I've had in a long time and I'd make them again any time. I'm not sure if anyone else has tried this. I'd be interesting in hearing of other recipes like this too.

Reaction score
That sounds good to me and I do like dark chocolate a lot! I'll bet the vanilla pudding helped to sweeten the dark chocolate up a good bit.

Reaction score
That was a great idea imagines the possible of flavor combinations you could create with different pudding mixes. I bet the pudding made you brownies extra moist. Thank you so much for sharing .

Reaction score
Wow! I think adding pudding is a great idea! I love dark chocolate, but I also love vanilla pudding. I definitely think the vanilla pudding added an extra sweetness and a moistness to the brownies! Sounds terrific!
For the extreme chocolate lovers, what about adding chocolate pudding? That would be intense chocolate, but I'm sure it would be delicious! :)
I have added pudding or jello to my cakes before, and they turn out great! It makes them very moist and delicious!

Reaction score
This is a great idea. The vanilla pudding added flavor to the fudge brownies. There is nothing like a moist brownie. I love to eat fudge brownies with ice cream.

Reaction score
I love this idea. The chocolate and vanilla is a great mixture. I also like the idea of a previous poster: add chocolate pudding. Why not have double chocolate fudge brownies?

Reaction score
You know, I never thought about it moistening up the mix. I bought the same mix in a lighter chocolate and it didn't work well: Too dry. I'll have to keep that in mind. Glad you liked the idea.

PS cmckinney if you like all that chocolate, that would work but it's way too much chocolate for me LOL

Reaction score
Ooo! This gives me more ideas on what other kinds of pudding mixes you could add to brownies! Was it the powder mix you just add cold milk to? I know you can find a ton of different pudding flavors that would be interesting to try within the chocolate brownie flavor. I looked up the Jell-O website and they have a whole list of all their pudding mixes, including butterscotch, banana cream, coconut, french vanilla, Oreo cookies & cream... Adding any of these to simple brownie mix would turn them into something a little different and delicious!

http://www.jello.com/products/pudding-mousse-desserts/

Ask a Question