Troubleshooting Easy Fudge Recipes

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have been attempting every "easy" fudge recipe and it never seems to set quite right. The fudge always seems a little oily on top despite my cutting the oil down & trying butter. I was wondering if this has happened to anyone? What did you do to fix this issue?

Any help would be appreciated,

Reaction score
@PrideKidd When I read your post it interest me at once because me too I am a having a problem as always when baking a fudge recipe. Same like that it is oily on top and I am always frustrated about this and how can I make it perfect next time. I hope some of our members here who are already expert on this can share some ideas and tips about this.:)

Reaction score
Are you using margarine or butter? Margarine can cause an oily layer. If you are using butter try a really good quality one.

Reaction score
I should have specified that it peanut butter fudge that is not setting right. I have even watched the simplest videos on YouTube and still fail most times. I have made it a few times that it turned out OK but more often than not it turns out oily.

Reaction score
I've never made fudge, but my mother makes it all the time. I think she was hoping to pass on the "fudge-making genes" because she's always telling me tips and tricks to making great fudge. The one that comes to mind first is the weather. She always said your fudge will come out different depending on the weather (dry weather, humid weather, stormy days, etc.). Don't know if the weather tip helps, but my next thought would have been the butter, like Wahmed said. Good Luck!

Ask a Question