1 egg
2 teaspoons of vanilla
2 cups of flour
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon of baking soda
2 tablespoons of sugar
6 table spoons of butter- Melted

Instructions:
First start by mixing your milk, egg,vanilla, and butter together. Then add in your salt, baking soda, and sugar. Then slowly include your flour and mix until everything is a smooth combination. Then pour your mixture into a giant gallon baggy or if you have a icing bag or funnel. Set aside for a few minutes.
Pour about a 1/2 inch of vegetable oil into a deep frying pan. Let it heat up for about 2 minutes of high then turn down to a low medium. To test if the oil is hot enough drip a small dot of the batter into the oil. If it frys up, then its ready.
You want to get your bag of batter and make little dots in the oil. Let it sit for about a minutes and then get a fork and a spatula to slowly flip them over. Until they are golden brown. The place on a paper plate with paper towels and sprinkle with powder sugar. Can serve with whip cream or fruit to top them off with.

Reaction score
This is a great recipe for those who will not eat entire funnel cake. This would also be great for a party to use as finger food and alot less work than making perfect funnel cakes.Thank you for sharing

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this one with us- sounds pretty straightforward and so good ;)! Nothing like a good funnel cake =).

Reaction score
Sounds pretty straightforward! I'm not into eating a whole funnel cake so this bite option is more realistic for me. I'd even consider using a strawberry topping as well. Thanks for the recipe.

Reaction score
I will definitely try this recipe. I have been looking for a funnel cake recipe for a while. I cannot wait to try it.

Reaction score
This does sound like an easy recipe. The only time I ever get to eat funnel cake is when I go to the state fair once a year. This might be a good thing though as funnel cake is very greasy. I am going to give this a try though and see if they taste like the ones I get at the fair.

Reaction score
So far I love all the recipes you have posted, they seem so easy to make and also so frugal! I love the frugal part, I hate having to buy a bunch of new things just to prepare something I might not be making anytime soon.

Ask a Question