Gâteau St. Honoré

Reaction score
Time to show off something else I've made, because heck why not. Finally tried my hand at gâteau St. Honoré, and oh boy was it quite a bit of work. Spent a total of almost 6 hours in the kitchen today making it, and that's with the puff pastry already having been prepped and cut out the day before. It took so long since I'm not used to having to make so many components together (usually I try to make as many things as possible in advance and just leave baking/assembly for the day of serving), so while it would've been way quicker if I was able to multi-task and work on multiple components at the same time, but not quite at that skill level!

Filled with honey crème Chiboust with a layer of raspberries in between and topped with lemon Chantilly. Garnished with raspberries filled with raspberry jam and candied lemon zest. Tasted nice at least.

IMG_20200618_222954[1].jpg

IMG_20200618_222949[1].jpg

Reaction score
Time to show off something else I've made, because heck why not. Finally tried my hand at gâteau St. Honoré, and oh boy was it quite a bit of work. Spent a total of almost 6 hours in the kitchen today making it, and that's with the puff pastry already having been prepped and cut out the day before. It took so long since I'm not used to having to make so many components together (usually I try to make as many things as possible in advance and just leave baking/assembly for the day of serving), so while it would've been way quicker if I was able to multi-task and work on multiple components at the same time, but not quite at that skill level!

Filled with honey crème Chiboust with a layer of raspberries in between and topped with lemon Chantilly. Garnished with raspberries filled with raspberry jam and candied lemon zest. Tasted nice at least.

View attachment 3051
View attachment 3052

Wow! @Cahoot, you really knocked yourself out here!! St. Honore is a major baking project. It really looks amazing! I’m not surprised it took 6 hrs even with preparing the puff pastry the day before.

You have really come a long way in your baking. I’m totally impressed.

Ask a Question