G&T cupcakes

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to make gin and tonic chiffon cupcakes. I have a basic chiffon cupcake recipe. Can I substitute the water in the recipe for flavoured tonic water and a few tablespoons of gin and add some lime zest?

Reaction score
Hi,
I want to make gin and tonic chiffon cupcakes. I have a basic chiffon cupcake recipe. Can I substitute the water in the recipe for flavoured tonic water and a few tablespoons of gin and add some lime zest?

Yes that’s the beauty of chiffon cake is that you can substitute the water with just about any liquid. But be aware that the heat is going to burn the alcohol off. Depending on the alcohol by volume percentage, you may need to add a little bit more than a few tablespoons. If the alcohol by volume is close to 50% then maybe 3 tablespoons, If it’s closer to 30% by volume then add a couple more tablespoons

Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea! As an alternative to adding gin to the cake batter, you could brush the top of the cakes with a syrup made from gin and sugar.

Ask a Question