Garlic Bread Recipe
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 13 minutes

INGREDIENTS
1 16-ounce loaf of Italian bread or French bread
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
2 large cloves of garlic, smashed and minced
1 heaping tablespoon of freshly chopped parsley
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 Cut the bread in half, horizontally. Mix the butter, garlic, and parsley together in a small bowl. Spread butter mixture over the the two bread halves. Place on a sturdy baking pan (one that can handle high temperatures, not a cookie sheet) and heat in the oven for 10 minutes.
3 Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over bread if you want. Return to oven on the highest rack. Broil on high heat for 2-3 minutes until the edges of the bread begin to toast and the cheese (if you are using cheese) bubbles. Watch very carefully while broiling. The bread can easily go from un-toasted to burnt.
4 Remove from oven, let cool a minute. Remove from pan and make 1-inch thick slices. Serve immediately.

Reaction score
Cool. Thank you for sharing. I usually just buy the frozen garlic loaf, but it probably tastes better to make homemade garlic loaf. I'll definitely give this a try.

Reaction score
I had something similar to this recently, but with some pesto instead of parsley. I should try it again with parsley; they say parsley is actually really healthy and has a lot of vitamins!

Reaction score
This recipe is very similar to the one I use but without the cheese. I used to always buy the frozen garlic bread until my ex Mother In Law made some homemade. It was so yummy that I got her recipe and have been making it ever since.

Reaction score
Nice recipe, I love garlic bread always good to get another twist on it.

Reaction score
This sounds delicious and easy ! I love garlic toast, but I seldom have the long French bread to make it with. I have used the minced garlic that comes in the jar, and it worked just fine, but I am sure that fresh garlic would be even better, and also much healthier.
I usually use Italian seasoning instead of the parsley, but I think that would be really good also.
Now, am thinking that I need to get some and then make spaghetti soon, this sounds so delicious....

Reaction score
I do so love garlic bread. I like to put italian seasoning flakes on ours when I make it. I have also made extra pizza dough and turned it into bread sticks with garlic, cheese and italian seasonings.

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm making pasta tonight and was dithering about wether to bother with garlic bread, but what the hey-this looks doable :)

Ask a Question