If your dish will fit in the microwave put some hot soapy water in it and heat it up for a few minutes. Let it cool and put it back in the sink and scrub away. Or if it doesn't fit in the microwave you could boil some water on the stove and then dump it in, letting it cool before scrubbing too. The hotter the water the better it works at helping get it unstuck. Just remember to let it cool down a little before you put your hands in.
I just soak the item in water because it's still just sugar, even though it's burnt.
And sugar dissolves if you soak it in water long enough. It takes a while, so I just walk away and do other things and check on it later.
put the dish in a pot of water on the stove and right before it starts to reach a boil you can carefully take a butter knife and scrape it off while it is under water. don't burn yourself. I had to do this once and it beat scrubbing it off.