Giant Viennese Whirl

Reaction score
Hi, i have been asked to make a giant viennese whirl. Any idea how i could do this? Cooking temps/time etc? Thanks

Reaction score
This is what i was planning to do, but wouldnt know what temperature to do it on. It will need to be cooked on a lower temp for longer i would of thought...

Reaction score
That will be tricky! Viennese whirls don't want much colour, so getting it cooked through without too much colour could be tricky. I would have thought that low and slow would be best (lower temp for a longer period of time), maybe about 140C in a fan oven. Keep checking on it though, and cover with foil if it starts to colour too much.

Reaction score
If you want to avoid browning if possible, you can also put a separate pan of water in the oven when baking the cookie.

It should help keep moisture inside the oven, and keep the top of the cookie from drying out too much while it bakes. Cookies usually brown because all of the moisture bakes out of the top layer of the cookie.

Ask a Question