Ginger cake

Reaction score
In the spirit of Christmas, I made my very first ginger cake a few weeks ago. I used a gingerbread recipe by Nigella Lawson (which you can find HERE) and it was absolutely delicious - I ate almost the whole thing. I added lemon icing, as she suggested, and although it wasn't too lemon-y, it really brought out the flavour of the ginger. I'm keen to make it again, but I'd also like to make a ginger and orange sandwich cake, using a similar recipe but adding orange peel and juice, and sandwiching it together with marmalade.

I love ginger cakes. Do you?

Reaction score
I never had a ginger cake before but I've heard great things about it. When I get in one of my baking moods then I will probably test this out. Though, I will probably stray from the recipe and make some kind of weird cake!

Reaction score
What a great idea. I've never made a ginger cake before but can't wait to try it. They are delicious. Ginger is also a healthy herb. I believe it aids in digestion and helps if you have an upset stomach. I just like the taste of ginger.

Reaction score
Ginger cakes are delicious because they aren't too sweet and the texture differs from 'regular' cakes. So, I enjoy them, but not too often. I only eat ginger cake when I'm in a special mood.

What I like to top my ginger cake with is cream cheese frosting. (Check out pic below.)

ginger-cake-ck-1536689-l.jpg

Ask a Question