Gingerbread Anyone!

Reaction score
When i was a kid it was always a delight whenever my mom was baking gingerbread for me ; with the children at home i think this is something they would really enjoy doing. This is another great way of keeping them entertained.

Reaction score
I love gingerbread, but my kid is 16 years old, so I usually end up baking it by myself. She's at an age where making gingerbread men isn't fascinating to her.

Reaction score
I only do gingerbread around Christmas. The house the people all that. To answer the question though. Kids love helping mommy in the kitchen. Especially when they get to decorate it and eat it. Gingerbread is a little hard to work with. So don't get upset when you dont get it at first.

Reaction score
I only do gingerbread around Christmas. The house the people all that. To answer the question though. Kids love helping mommy in the kitchen. Especially when they get to decorate it and eat it. Gingerbread is a little hard to work with. So don't get upset when you dont get it at first.

I know right; it's a bit difficult when just trying your hands at it but after doing it for sometime i mastered the skills of making gingerbread and my children enjoy the whole process immensely especially when it's time to eat.

Reaction score
I think those gingerbread houses that people do at Christmas look gorgeous. After looking at some 'how to' videos on doing the houses, I concluded that the skill and patience involved is to be admired. I'm not sure I'd have the patience, even though it would be lovely to produce one and show it off at Christmas. :p I think I will have to be satisfied with producing gingerbread cookies, and ice them as well as I can.

Good idea to make some gingerbread men and let the kids get involved. It will usually keep them busy for hours!

Reaction score
I think those gingerbread houses that people do at Christmas look gorgeous. After looking at some 'how to' videos on doing the houses, I concluded that the skill and patience involved is to be admired. I'm not sure I'd have the patience, even though it would be lovely to produce one and show it off at Christmas. :p I think I will have to be satisfied with producing gingerbread cookies, and ice them as well as I can.

Good idea to make some gingerbread men and let the kids get involved. It will usually keep them busy for hours!

It's a sure way of keeping the kids busy even though there is going to be lots of cleaning up after.

Reaction score
Gingerbread is why I love Christmas so much. It is fun to sit at the table with my kids and frost our little men. The smell of gingerbread right of the oven is amazing.

Reaction score
When I lived in Ethiopia, I had a friend who used to make the most phenominal ginger bread. She always served it with applesauce spooned over it Whenever my husband and I were invited to her home for dinner, it was the dessert she always made. I have made gingerbread over the years, but no matter what recipe I use, it is never the same wonderful product as hers.

Reaction score
I absolutely can not stand gingerbread anything! I, however, buy those gingerbread house and man kits for my kids to put together. My kids also go over to their mamaws to make fresh gingerbread. I can't stand the smell let alone the taste.

Ask a Question