Gingersnaps

Reaction score
Mmmmmm my son and I were watching cut throat kitchen last night and one of the challenges was to make ginger snap cookies. It got me to craving them badly, but I only buy them at the store, have never made my own. How do you make them homemade and so crunchy?

Reaction score
You mean Pepparkakor? I had those a while ago, really good, but i think isn't so easy to get really hard crispy ones. I have heard you need a really strong rising agent when preparing those.:) Are you planing to bake them anytime soon? If you are... just make sure to ask what the best rising agent is for this kind of dough, but I do know you need a really strong one for this to turn out the way you want it.

Reaction score
I love all ginger cookies, so I'm no help here. The last ones I made spread out because I melted the butter, instead of simply softening it, and the edges came out really crispy and caramelized, but that was more like a candy edging than crispy gingersnaps. I'd like to make some crispy ones, I think the crunchiness adds to the experience, and makes us (or me, at least) feel full faster.

Ask a Question