Delicious Gluten-Free Cookie Recipes

Reaction score
Hi! My daughter is gluten sensitive. When she eats it she gets headaches. :(. I'm always looking for new gluten free cookie recipes. Preferably ones you've made and had success with. Some of the ones I've made taste gritty. Do you have one that "if you didn't know they were gluten free, you wouldn't know"! If that makes sense.

I'm looking forward to new recipes! Yay! :)

Reaction score
If she has no problems with peanuts, then I have a couple of suggestions.The first is for a peanut butter cookie that has just peanut butter egg, and sugar or Splenda. The ratio is simple, too. One cup peanut butter, one egg, and one cup sweetner. Bake at 350F for 6-8 minutes, being careful not to overcook. They are tasty, but a bit dry. They go great with milk! The other suggestion is to make chocolate-peanut butter-oatmeal no bakes, Here's one recipe for those: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/no-bake-cookies-i/

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the recipes!! My daughter isn't allergic to peanuts but she doesn't like anything with nuts in them. :( She does like chocolate though!!! LOL

Do you have someone in your family that has to eat gluten free? Or do you just choose to? It is hard to find gluten free items that taste good! They all seem to dry out after a bit. We've found some gluten free cookies at the grocery store but I prefer to make some myself. Plus all the gluten free stuff is so expensive compared to "regular" grocery items!!

Your avatar is cute! Is that a cake you made? If so, you are pretty talented!!! I used to get character cakes for the kids for their birthdays when they were little. I had a friend that made them! For some reason cakes are the "bane of my existence"!!! I can get them to turn out - but never evenly so I avoid making ones that have to be shaped or stacked!!! :)

Reaction score
We don't have any that have to eat gluten-free, but my grandson is a Type 1 diabetic.It helps if we can find low-carb treats that don't make his blood sugar spike. The peanut butter cookies I mentioned above, with Splenda instead of sugar, are great for him.

As for the cake...Thanks! It really is easier than it looks. The bunny is just two round cakes, with one cut up for the shapes. When I made this, I actually had to bake two sets of cakes, because the first two round cakes were way too crumbly and fell apart.

Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear you grandson is diabetic. Does he deal well with it? I know this is completely off topic - but our dog is diabetic and we have to give him insulin 2x a day. After having to start that with him I am super impressed when people are able to give themselves insulin!! It took us foever (at least that was how it felt) to get comfortable doing it and even longer for our dog to! ;-)

The cookies sound yummy! Too bad she doesn't like nuts! She won't even eat peanut butter cookies!!! LOL

You make the cake cutting and decorating sound so easy! I guess some people are just better at it! Or, I don't have the patience!

Ask a Question