Gluten-Free & Low Carb Plum Cake Recipe

Reaction score
I have a friend with IBS who can't eat gluten, and another friend who struggles to eat anything starchy, so when they were both visiting the other day I made this yummy Plum Cake.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2015/09/vienna-plum-cake-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html

Plums are currently in season, so this is a great cake to eat right now!

paleo plum cake 1.jpg

paleo plum cake 2.jpg

paleo plum cake 3.jpg

paleo plum cake 4.jpg

It was moist and delicious, and you would never have guessed it was paleo :)

Reaction score
The only change I made to the recipe was that I did it in a much smaller tin than the recommendation - I used 8" x 8".

Reaction score
YUM! It actually looks a bit like cobbler - I would eat this for sure!

I love when things are actually reasonably healthy, but still taste good - it's the best of both worlds!

Reaction score
@Becky Did you change the amounts of the ingredients, or keep those the same and use a different sized pan? It looks absolutely delicious. This could probably be made year round with canned plums, as well. Do you make your own almond flour and coconut flour? I've seen almond flour in some stores here, but it's prohibitively expensive, and I've never even seen coconut flour sold here. I love how this looks though, and I could probably fudge it with regular flour, although I'd like to try the almond and coconut flour version someday.

Reaction score
@Becky Did you change the amounts of the ingredients, or keep those the same and use a different sized pan? It looks absolutely delicious. This could probably be made year round with canned plums, as well. Do you make your own almond flour and coconut flour? I've seen almond flour in some stores here, but it's prohibitively expensive, and I've never even seen coconut flour sold here. I love how this looks though, and I could probably fudge it with regular flour, although I'd like to try the almond and coconut flour version someday.

No I didn't change the recipe - when I made the batter I could tell it wasn't enough for the bigger tin, so I used a smaller one. I used bought almond flour and coconut flour, but I have made both in the past - you need a good food processor but it's fairly straight forward :)

Ask a Question