Gluten Free Pastries Recipes for Diabetics

Reaction score
I recently made a nice Gluten free Quiche. I will post it here, but sorry if you meant something sweeter:
PASTRY:
1 cup gluten free flour
2 T. Butter, cut in and add small amounts of water with a fork to make your pastry shell. Roll out onto the pie plate.
Put in the refrigerator while you make your filling.
FILLING:
1/2 C. smoked tuna shredded (or you can use bacon).
2 gloves garlic crushed
1/2 C. chopped green onions.
1 T. dried thyme or bunch of fresh (saute these ingredients together).
1 C. chooped greens, I also added some chopped carrots so i think you could add mushroom or other veggies if you like and it would work.
1/2 C. shredded cheese, 3 eggs, and 3 T. creme or milk
salt and pepper to taste
BAKE:
Bake crust for 10 min in a 350 degree oven. Pour pie filling in and bake for 20 minutes or until almost set. Let cool 10 minutes then serve with salad.

Reaction score
Wow H.C. I am going to try that. Funny you mentioned quiche because I saw one at the store the other day and have been thinking about it ever since. I tried one for the first time a couple weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I had never had one before.

Reaction score
My friend has a really good gluten free pancake recipe. I'll have to get the exact recipe for you but I know it has like banana as a base and coconut flour I think.

Reaction score
Cutting gluten alone may not help you much with managing your diabetes. When looking at recioes of labels, check to see what flours they are using instead. If they are using white rice flour that is going to be at least as bad for your blood sugar as white wheat flour, and often more sugar is used in the gluten free version, which makes it even worse.

Look for brown rice flour, as it is a whole grain, but much lighter in flavor than whole wheat. A great way to help balance things like sweet breads and cookies is by adding peanut or other but butters. The proteins and healthy fats really help prevent the blood sugar spikes you get with high sugar foods.

Reaction score
hello, is there any body who can tell me where i can but the buckwheat flour., this is gluten free as well. images (2).jpg images (2).jpg 1.jpg

Attachments

• buckwheat.jpg
    buckwheat.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 501
Reaction score
I recently made a nice Gluten free Quiche. I will post it here, but sorry if you meant something sweeter:
PASTRY:
1 cup gluten free flour
2 T. Butter, cut in and add small amounts of water with a fork to make your pastry shell. Roll out onto the pie plate.
Put in the refrigerator while you make your filling.
FILLING:
1/2 C. smoked tuna shredded (or you can use bacon).
2 gloves garlic crushed
1/2 C. chopped green onions.
1 T. dried thyme or bunch of fresh (saute these ingredients together).
1 C. chooped greens, I also added some chopped carrots so i think you could add mushroom or other veggies if you like and it would work.
1/2 C. shredded cheese, 3 eggs, and 3 T. creme or milk
salt and pepper to taste
BAKE:
Bake crust for 10 min in a 350 degree oven. Pour pie filling in and bake for 20 minutes or until almost set. Let cool 10 minutes then serve with salad.

That sounds really yummy. I'm doing an online order with Walmart, and was surprised to see that they have quite a variety of flours online, even almond flour and other gluten free varieties.

Ask a Question