Affordable and Easy Gluten-Free Baking Mix Recommendations

Reaction score
I was just diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity. I see lots of gluten-free baking mixes on the shelves and even at the dollar store sometimes, but in general it seems that the items are overpriced and don't taste as good. Any favorites you can recommend? Many of the moms at my school find success with a mix of different gluten-free flours, but I need a solution that is easy and affordable. Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Bloomfield Farms has really good gluten free baking mixes. I've tried both the muffin mix and the pancake mix and they're both delicious so I would definitely recommend that brand.

Reaction score
Hi Rosie! Sorry to hear you have a gluten sensitivity! My daughter does too! It sure can be hard to find things that taste good! We find the same thing. I did find some gluten free Pillsbury premade cookie dough - in the same spot at the grocery as the other premade cookie dough - that was actually really good!! We were surprised because often the "name brand" manufacturers that aren't gluten only don't usually make good stuff. But they are good!

I purchased a "pre-mixed" flour that has a lot of the gf flours already "portioned" for you. It is called Better Batter All Purpose Flour Mix. I think I got mine on Amazon because I couldn't find any in town. You use it in the same ratio as regular flour.

If you are looking for a good waffle/pancake mix - Kinnikinnick is hands down the best in my opinion! It has a vanilla taste to it. My daughter and I have tried a lot of mixes for that and it is by far the best! If I can think of anything else I'll post. But, ask if you think of something. :)

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that Rosie! Might be worth keeping an eye out for recipes that completely replace flour with something else - for example, ground almonds. Frangipane is gorgeous!

Reaction score
We eat gluten free now, but I'm more an organic eater (and scratch cook/baker) which makes mixes out of the question. I'm having a really hard time with it.. but I am big on scouring Pinterest for ideas now that the way I eat is so strict. Everything else is easy peasy, I enjoy real foods, but baking! ughhh lol. So Pinterest.. which you've probably already tried. There are a bajillion people on there with gluten free recipes. I've got quite the menu started up.. just not for baking :p

Reaction score
I was just diagnosed with a gluten sensitivity. I see lots of gluten-free baking mixes on the shelves and even at the dollar store sometimes, but in general it seems that the items are overpriced and don't taste as good. Any favorites you can recommend? Many of the moms at my school find success with a mix of different gluten-free flours, but I need a solution that is easy and affordable. Thanks for any help!

I really like King Arthur Flour gluten free flour. You could try that! Please keep us updated with what you find and what works for you and your family!

Ask a Question