Delicious Gluten-Free Cake Recipes

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good gluten free cake recipes? I can't seem to find one I like and I'd like to try out some that the bakers of this forum enjoy. Thanks a bunch!

Reaction score
I'd like to find some too. So far I've only tried gluten free cakes from a mix. They aren't bad but sure not like "the real thing"! :)
It is hard to find things that taste close to the real thing! Almost makes me wish my daughter found out about her intolerance when she was really small then she wouldn't know what she was missing! :)

Reaction score
Thankfully I don't need to bake gluten-free cakes because I agree with you, they taste like not being the "real thing" but I received this recipe by email, that may be an option to bake:

Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:
1/2 c. Water
3/4 c. Sugar
1 lb. 2 oz. Dark baking/melting chocolate, Baker’s Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate Squares
8 oz. Butter, hardened
6 Eggs

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 300 F. Grease one 10 inch round cake pan.
2. Combine the water and sugar then heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Carefully melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave.
4. Pour the melted chocolate into a mixing bowl.
5. Cut the butter into small pieces and then add one piece at a time to the mixing bowl while beating. Add the sugar water and continue beating. Slowly add the eggs one at a time while beating.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pans, dividing equally. Have a pan larger than the cake pan. Place the cake pan in the larger pan and fill the pan half way up the cake pan with boiling water for a water bath.
7. Bake the cake in the water bath at 300 F for 45 minutes. The center will still look wet.
Chill the cake overnight in the pan. To unmold, dip the bottom of the cake pan in hot water for 10 seconds and invert onto a serving plate. Cut into 16 wedges.

SERVES: 16 slices

NUTRITION: 320 Calories, 24 g Fat, 15 g Saturated Fat, 115 mg Cholesterol,
125 mg Sodium, 29 g Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 4 g Protein

ALLERGENS: Milk, Eggs

Reaction score
I'd like to find some too. So far I've only tried gluten free cakes from a mix. They aren't bad but sure not like "the real thing"! :)
It is hard to find things that taste close to the real thing! Almost makes me wish my daughter found out about her intolerance when she was really small then she wouldn't know what she was missing! :)
Yeah, most of my family have an intolerance and it gets pretty hard around the holidays.

Reaction score
I'll be keeping an eye on this one, I have a birthday to bake for soon.. I'm never prepared anymore. So much trial and error it's driving me nutty lol.

Thanks MDP, maybe I'll play with that one :)

Reaction score
Does anyone have any good gluten free cake recipes? I can't seem to find one I like and I'd like to try out some that the bakers of this forum enjoy. Thanks a bunch!
Have you tried looking on Pinterest? Or googling gluten free cakes? I've only used box mixes that were gluten free as well, nothing from scratch. But I'd like to find a recipe too!

Reaction score
Have you tried looking on Pinterest? Or googling gluten free cakes? I've only used box mixes that were gluten free as well, nothing from scratch. But I'd like to find a recipe too!

Pinterest has been a lifesaver for me. I'm usually afraid to try anything without a million reviews, but some of it has turned out great and others have been on pinterest long enough that the reviews have built up and the recipe is awesome. I have tons of cake recipes saved, I just need to get brave and start.. this could potentially be a ton of wasted ingredients or we'll find the perfect bday cake on the very first try lol.

Reaction score
Pinterest has been a lifesaver for me. I'm usually afraid to try anything without a million reviews, but some of it has turned out great and others have been on pinterest long enough that the reviews have built up and the recipe is awesome. I have tons of cake recipes saved, I just need to get brave and start.. this could potentially be a ton of wasted ingredients or we'll find the perfect bday cake on the very first try lol.

Isn't Pinterest amazing?!? I'm obsessed with it! I would love to bake gluten free stuff more, I just don't want yummy stuff sitting around because I'll eat it all if it turns out good! LOL!

Reaction score
Isn't Pinterest amazing?!? I'm obsessed with it! I would love to bake gluten free stuff more, I just don't want yummy stuff sitting around because I'll eat it all if it turns out good! LOL!

Well I'm committed to only eating real foods, so I can eat as much as I want and never feel guilty :p If you have a major sweet tooth, look into the guilt free!

Ask a Question